Milliner Misses Practice

flgreen

Cornerback Dee Milliner misses practice

September, 26, 2013

Sep 26

1:28

PM ET

By  Jane McManus | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, NJ -- New York Jets cornerback Dee Milliner was not at practice Thursday after injuring his hamstring in Wednesday's practice. The Jets did not release any information Wednesday about his injury, but his absence is not a good sign for Sunday against the Tennessee Titans.

It’s been a choppy start for the rookie. The first-round draft pick held out of training camp and then missed his first practices in Cortland with a hamstring injury. Even before getting in a Jet uniform, Milliner had shoulder surgery in the stretch between his college season and his opening camp.

Milliner was benched following a poor performance in the first quarter against the New England Patriots in Week 2.

If Milliner isn’t available in Tennessee this Sunday, the Jets will look to Kyle Wilson and Darrin Walls. Playing in place of Milliner last weekend, Wilson had a penalty-filled series that resulted in a brief benching of his own.

For a coach who has famously said you can never have too many cornerbacks, Rex Ryan could use a few more corners.

RB Chris Ivory (hamstring), WR Santonio Holmes, OL Oday Aboushi (knee), WR Clyde Gates (knee) and DL Kenrick Ellis rode the bikes after stretching, although Gates returned kicks in special teams drills.

Hey, can someone quote this post so i see it in the alerts, and let me know when we are officially calling Captain Underbite a Vernon like bust? thanks in advance.

You think someone is willing to wait a few years for this even to be relevant??  Odds are, we'll have two new seasons of draft picks to hate on.

Hey, can someone quote this post so i see it in the alerts, and let me know when we are officially calling Captain Underbite a Vernon like bust? thanks in advance.

did I hear somebody sez Vernon likeness! Oh my gawd!

Archived