Rex Ryan: I'm the Right Guy to Coach the Jets

flgreen

Westhoff doesnt go with a walker and hearing aid yet, does he? Just want to make sure.

Haha, apparently not, he's 65...its not like he's on his death bed. 

And no offense, but I'm going to put a little bit more stock into a guy like Westhoff's opinion over any idiot on this board.  He's about as straight a shooter as you can be and he coached in the NFL for like 30+ years under the likes of Don Shula and Jimmy Johnson. The fact he coached for Rex and has some actual insight that all these idiots think they have, makes me think he probably has a little bit better perspective.  Call me crazy. 

Nobody is perfect, silly.  And he's clearly learned a lot from this first couple of years. 

Pretty sure the Jets were revelant at 5-4.  So they couldnt sustain it.  Is that really Rex's fault?  The entire offense went down and he's got a pretty bad rookie QB.  This team even at 6-8 has overachieved.

They're going in the right direction.  They just need to get a whole lot better on offense. 

For a short post you said alot so let me take each part seperately:

"pretty sure the Jets were relevant at 5-4" (completely agree)

"So they couldnt sustain it, Is tha really Rex's fault?" (Yes)

"The entire offense went down" (you mean Holmes, as thats the ENTIRE offense)

"he's got a pretty bad rookie QB" (your way too kind, he's AWFUL")

"this team even at 6-8 hsa overachieved" (I guess so since I said 5-11, before the year started)

These are my honest answers. Sorry.

And no offense, but I'm going to put a little bit more stock into a guy like Westhoff's opinion over any idiot on this board.  He's about as straight a shooter as you can be and he coached in the NFL for like 30+ years under the likes of Don Shula and Jimmy Johnson. The fact he coached for Rex and has some actual insight that all these idiots think they have, makes me think he probably has a little bit better perspective.  Call me crazy. 

I wont call you CRAZY as long as you dont call me IDIOT, Deal?

For a short post you said alot so let me take each part seperately:

"pretty sure the Jets were relevant at 5-4" (completely agree)

"So they couldnt sustain it, Is tha really Rex's fault?" (Yes)

"The entire offense went down" (you mean Holmes, as thats the ENTIRE offense)

"he's got a pretty bad rookie QB" (your way too kind, he's AWFUL")

"this team even at 6-8 hsa overachieved" (I guess so since I said 5-11, before the year started)

These are my honest answers. Sorry.

Holmes, Kerley, Hill and Winslow were all out at the same time.

I also agree with Westhoff that if the Jets think they need a fresh start, just because, than you do it.  But I really like the coaches we have right now and would like to see them get another year with some serious upgrades to the offense.

And no offense, but I'm going to put a little bit more stock into a guy like Westhoff's opinion over any idiot on this board. He's about as straight a shooter as you can be and he coached in the NFL for like 30+ years under the likes of Don Shula and Jimmy Johnson. The fact he coached for Rex and has some actual insight that all these idiots think they have, makes me think he probably has a little bit better perspective. Call me crazy.

No coach will ever advocate for another coach to get fired. It's not done, ever. Westhoff has killed Rex all season in interviews, which you'd know if you didn't live in America's Tropical Toilet.

No coach will ever advocate for another coach to get fired. It's not done, ever. Westhoff has killed Rex all season in interviews, which you'd know if you didn't live in America's Tropical Toilet.

This, every time they ask him on SNY about the offense he always kills the game plan, always.

This, every time they ask him on SNY about the offense he always kills the game plan, always.

He's been killing the defense, too. Last week he said, "I don't want to hear that this defense is dominant again until they learn to stop the pass and quit giving up big plays through the air"

Probably but he did say that he wouldnt blame the Jets for moving on and specifically said he'd give him 1 more year...not some multi-year extension.  Either way, his take was still extremely reasonable and I think its a good perspective.

I've listened to a lot of those interviews with him despite being distracted by my beach front condo with half naked women in December.  He always has a good take on things.  This particular one, is pretty relevant to all the recent conversations around here.

Not a bit.

I love you. 

Probably but he did say that he wouldnt blame the Jets for moving on and specifically said he'd give him 1 more year...not some multi-year extension. Either way, his take was still extremely reasonable and I think its a good perspective.

I've listened to a lot of those interviews with him despite being distracted by my beach front condo with half naked women in December. He always has a good take on things. This particular one, is pretty relevant to all the recent conversations around here.

I love you.

I'd be banging all those half-naked hos.

If that's true, Woody is the rotten head that I've been saying all along. I didn't see Stalin testing the public waters before committing the Red Army to taking back Europe. I didn't see Lou Lamoriello float the idea past the fanbase of sending Scott Gomez to NY. I didn't see ozzie newsome ask Baltimore if they should let Rex walk and take a shot on a special teams coach from Philly. I didn't see Steinbrenner ask Francessa if it would be ok to hire that third baseman from the Mets. Sell to Mark Cuban, Woody, please

And I didn't see Woody asking the questions. Some people just don't get the big apple media. It stirs controversy, whether u like it or not.

Archived