Most necessary coach for continuity

MexiRoll6

Is NOT Rex Ryan but Marty Mornhinweg. It will be him and certainly not Rex (or his predecessor) that will make or break Geno Smith as an NFL QB. It will be up to John Idzik to find a guy who can coach this team AND co-exist with MM. You don't build an NFL QB by making him start over after he has struggled to learn what he knows. I would not welcome MM as HC because that would take away from what he does best, which is to coordinate an offense. Look at Walton who was a great OC under Michaels, but a lousy HC. Same thing with Coslet. Keep MM where he is and nurture Geno to be the QB the team needs him to be. The talent is there, but learning another offense might set him back a long way. That doesn't mean you keep a mediocre, outmanned HC that the team 'pretends' to play hard for,

Is NOT Rex Ryan but Marty Mornhinweg. It will be him and certainly not Rex (or his predecessor) that will make or break Geno Smith as an NFL QB. It will be up to John Idzik to find a guy who can coach this team AND co-exist with MM. You don't build an NFL QB by making him start over after he has struggled to learn what he knows. I would not welcome MM as HC because that would take away from what he does best, which is to coordinate an offense. Look at Walton who was a great OC under Michaels, but a lousy HC. Same thing with Coslet. Keep MM where he is and nurture Geno to be the QB the team needs him to be. The talent is there, but learning another offense might set him back a long way. That doesn't mean you keep a mediocre, outmanned HC that the team 'pretends' to play hard for,

You do not hire a new HC just to keep the OC from a previous regime.  See Schottenheimer, Brian. 

If the Jets insist on keeping MM, keep Rex as well.

I really cannot handle anymore of this BS where the Jets bring in a candidate for a job and insist they determine part of his staff.

They did this with Schitty, and they did this with Rex.

If you get rid of Rex, let the next coach bring in his own staff. If he chooses to keep Marty, so be it, but this BS about forcing someone on a new hire is garbage and counterproductive.

If the Jets insist on keeping MM, keep Rex as well.

I really cannot handle anymore of this BS where the Jets bring in a candidate for a job and insist they determine part of his staff.

They did this with Schitty, and they did this with Rex.

If you get rid of Rex, let the next coach bring in his own staff. If he chooses to keep Marty, so be it, but this BS about forcing someone on a new hire is garbage and counterproductive.

No disrespect man, but at least get it right. I NEVER said to force MM on anybody. I said that it would be good to find someone who is willing and able to work with him. Rex sucks, sucks, sucks and I can't wait for him to be gone. I would forfeit the next five years to be done with the clown prince of HC's.

I hate to burst your bubble, but given the performance of the past 3 years, I frankly dont want continuity, Continue this awful play? No Thanks.

Give me new and fresh: Shaw, Bevell, O'brien, Summerlin, Meyer

Somehow, I dont think KELLY in Philly was continuity, and he has the fanbase excited.

No disrespect man, but at least get it right. I NEVER said to force MM on anybody. I said that it would be good to find someone who is willing and able to work with him. Rex sucks, sucks, sucks and I can't wait for him to be gone. I would forfeit the next five years to be done with the clown prince of HC's.

Than I apologize for misreading your post. My bad.

Doesn't make sense though, if they fired Rex they would hire an offensive coach.  A coach who will have his own system.  

If they fire Rex and bring in a defensive coach, oh my.

Doesn't make sense though, if they fired Rex they would hire an offensive coach.  A coach who will have his own system.  

If they fire Rex and bring in a defensive coach, oh my.

Agree. If they fire Rex and brought in a defensive coach, there would be a mutiny by Jet fans.

Archived