2014 NFL Draft: Top Tight End Prospects Profile

JetNation

Does Ebron's blocking worry anyone else? I know it's not uncommon for TEs to be good at catching or blocking, but he looks pretty awful at it from what i've seen. Obviously, he's an explosive athlete and would upgrade out offense as a pass catcher and mismatch.

Jace Amaro looks legit to me. Inflated numbers aside, he's more well rounded than ebron and is bigger. I'd be happy with either, but i think I might feel safer with amaro between the two.

Does Ebron's blocking worry anyone else? I know it's not uncommon for TEs to be good at catching or blocking, but he looks pretty awful at it from what i've seen. Obviously, he's an explosive athlete and would upgrade out offense as a pass catcher and mismatch.

Jace Amaro looks legit to me. Inflated numbers aside, he's more well rounded than ebron and is bigger. I'd be happy with either, but i think I might feel safer with amaro between the two.

this is gonna sound ridiculous but i don't see what Ebron and Amero offer that Jeff Cumberland doesn't. Or David Nelson

the Jets already have big WR who can catch possession football. they need gamebreakers. Despite all the Ebron is Vernon Davis hype, I doubt very highly that either of these guys is truly a freak

Idzik goes BFA best freak available in rd 1. 

this is gonna sound ridiculous but i don't see what Ebron and Amero offer that Jeff Cumberland doesn't. Or David Nelson

the Jets already have big WR who can catch possession football. they need gamebreakers. Despite all the Ebron is Vernon Davis hype, I doubt very highly that either of these guys is truly a freak

Problem is, are the real playmakers making it to 18? I think everyone is mocking us TEs cause they expect Watkins, Evans, and maybe Lee to be gone before us.

actually opposite,,most scouts say amaro is the one who has the most to learn when it comes to blocking.,,neither great but ebron rated higher at blocking by most scouts

ebron  a potential gamebreaker like vern davis/graham due to skillset vs the  matchup who will have to cover him

IMHO, Best case scenario is Ha Ha Clinton Dix or Cyrus Kouandjio.  I do not want a TE in the first round, they rarely work out.  In free agency I want Dante Whitner. Riley Cooper and Brandon Pettigrew.   I am fine going into next season with Pettigrew, Cumberland and Sudfeld at TE.  I am fine with going into next year with Cooper, Nelson, Hill, Kerley and a 2nd or 3rd round burner. 

Goals of the Draft, burner at WR, edge rusher at OLB. OT, OG, KR and a bruiser FB/

actually opposite,,most scouts say amaro is the one who has the most to learn when it comes to blocking.,,neither great but ebron rated higher at blocking by most scouts

That's interesting news thanks for the info. Maybe I just watched a clip or two where he got beaten badly and it stuck. I really go back and forth. Ebron makes some beastly plays and it's clear he's a walking mismatch. I just would hope if we took a TE that it'd be someone who ended up better than Keller here and the lack of blocking was really what I hated about Keller. That and the fact that he continually tripped over his own feet. 

Archived