Draft, Trades, ramp up FA over time

SouthernJet

It's becoming clear this is game plan.. Draft, get some value thru trades (Ivory) and like Seattle did (Lynch/Harvin) and slowly use Free Agency as a team gets better and is in a SB ready run mode..

Idkiz on radio today:

“We won’t talk about specific players,” the general manager told Boomer & Carton. “But yes, we will always consider trades. I think the tradeicon1.png talks pick up. And as we saw with us last year, we were able to consummate a trade for Chris Ivory right as the draft came. So, those talks and the what-if scenarios will be pored over in the weeks to come and really leading right into the draft.”

I'm sure that with three fourth rounders and four sixth rounders that Idzik will be very willing to make trades. I'm not a big fan of trading picks for veteran players, though. It'll particularly suck if he trades picks for a CB after completely whiffing in a good free agent market.

I'm sure that with three fourth rounders and four sixth rounders that Idzik will be very willing to make trades. I'm not a big fan of trading picks for veteran players, though. It'll particularly suck if he trades picks for a CB after completely whiffing in a good free agent market.

He may get a decent vet CB wit ha friendly cap figure AND the guys upfront bonus already paid by previous team, aka Lynch/harvin in Seatttle

The draft is like Christmas with a dozen draft picks and he can't wait

The draft is where you build the club and free agency is where you fix short term needs. You don't over pay in FA.

trades are still very much a possibility like when they traded for Ivory before the draft.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/115107-idzik-was-on-boomer-and-carton-this-morning-at-630/

Archived