Is the media completely overreacting about our corner back situation?

JohnnnyBONES

Kyle Wilson (I know he can be frustrating at times BUT) was among the highest nickel defenders in the league 

There is a problem with letting PFF tell you you have a solid nickle. Reality will show us we don't.

It's critical that Milliner makes it back healthy, and plays as good as he did end of last year. And don't rush him back because we are really hosed if he re-injures. 

Even if all of that happens Walls/Allen are still going to get picked on a ton as the # 2 and that has high potential to hurt.

The future looks bright with McDougal, Prior, Milliner, Allen, and who ever they get top bolster up at nickle and dime positions. But that's not this year.

​We need one or two guys to become extraordinary pass rushers who aren't as I type this to help that secondary this year. I'm not looking for that to happen but will be elated if it does. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a problem with letting PFF tell you you have a solid nickle. Reality will show us we don't.

It's critical that Milliner makes it back healthy, and plays as good as he did end of last year. And don't rush him back because we are really hosed if he re-injures. 

Even if all of that happens Walls/Allen are still going to get picked on a ton as the # 2 and that has high potential to hurt.

The future looks bright with McDougal, Prior, Milliner, Allen, and who ever they get top bolster up at nickle and dime positions. But that's not this year.

​We need one or two guys to become extraordinary pass rushers who aren't as I type this to help that secondary this year. I'm not looking for that to happen but will be elated if it does. 

The future is what's most important. Some here would rather mortgage the future (spend spend spend) so that we can still be average this year anyway.  

The future is what's most important. Some here would rather mortgage the future (spend spend spend) so that we can still be average this year anyway.  

When you're a Jets/Cubs fan   .... what's a little more waiting

Are you new here? I like you.

At best we're competitive for a wildcard Revis or no Revis. People want to spend to the cap on bs just to be on the cusp of a wildcard? It makes no sense.

Don't know about last year, wouldn't be surprised if it was the Pats.

Your secondary is "improved"? Is that a sarcastic joke?

Name one team in the NFL where Allen and Walls would start as CB's on opening day.

Jets have one of the worst, if not the worst, secondaries in the NFL.

If Revis and Browner went down on the same day, who would the Pats be rolling out?

I dont think the Jets have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL, they're just in a bad situation right now with injuries.  I think you could argue, if everyone was healthy, they have improved because Pryor looks to be the real deal.  I dont see the loss of Cro meaning anything to this team.  He was the worst CB in the league last year.  I think Walls can perform at that level, hopefully better.  So if Milliner is the guy who we saw during the month of Dec, Walls is better than the worst CB in the league, Pryor lives up to his hype and Allen continues to shine...yes, the secondary has improved.  You just dont see it now.

By no means am I saying its good.  That's a lot of what if's...but technically it should be better.  The Jets were a mess at CB for most of 2013.

Archived