Deion Sanders: 49ers players want Harbaugh out

F.Chowds

NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders, who has close ties to one prominent member of the 49ers, said he is hearing the players no longer want to play for coach Jim Harbaugh.

“They want him out,” Sanders said Sunday night after a recap of the 49ers’ 26-21 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. “They’re not on the same page.”

Sanders provided no details of the specific issues the 49ers have with Harbaugh. He has led the 49ers to a 38-13-1 regular-season record and three consecutive trips to the NFC Championship game, including one Super Bowl appearance.

“I really want to know if they’re really playing for the head coach. I got a question with that. Are you really down with your head coach, San Francisco 49ers?" Sanders said. "Because the way it looks and what I’m hearing, you’re really not down for your head coach. And that’s a problem.

"They really got some problems that we hear rumblings. We all know people inside locker rooms.

" Sanders is particularly close to 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree, who is in the final year of his original six-year contract. Sanders found himself in a controversy in 2009 during Crabtree’s contract stalemate when he said two teams were willing to trade for Crabtree. Sanders was also the first to report Crabtree was on his way to the Bay Area to wrap up negotiations.

Harbaugh is in the fourth year of a five-year, $25 million contract. CEO Jed York said contract talks would be tabled until after the season.

Matt is the 49ers Insider for CSNBayArea.com. 

Archived