Epic Colin Cowherd rant on Rex/Jets

IPBanBadPosters

I like Cowherd but calling Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard "smart Mangini guys" makes him sound a little clueless about the topic and undermines his position.

Yes - he also mentioned winning close ones with Sanchez - that was Ryan. It's not intellect - it's discipline and attitude. They are not putting in the work and are blowhards.

If we had signed Desean Jackson and Revis or Cro in the off-season we'd be 2-3 or 3-2 now.  That said Rex has not done a good job coaching this team - way too many stupid penalties.  The Anti-Rex crowd in the media are having a party now but it really is not all Rex's fault even though I agree he needs to go.

I like Cowherd but calling Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard "smart Mangini guys" makes him sound a little clueless about the topic and undermines his position.

Did he actually say that?  During a rant in which he was calling Rex stupid?  Classic....I've actually seen a few people say Rex is overrated becuase of the Gholston pick...that he didn't make.

no chance Dmitroff hires Rex. He's actually a very smart and talented GM

I hate to sound like a broken record  here, but a smart/talented GM is going to do what the Colts did with Dungy.  Bring him in, tell him to leave the offense alone and implement a defense as the HC and win a ring.

smart Mangini guys" makes him sound a little clueless about the topic and undermines his position. Did he actually say that? During a rant in which he was calling Rex stupid? Classic....I've actually seen a few people say Rex is overrated becuase of the Gholston pick...that he didn't make.

Cowherd is like 90% of sports broadcasters who didn't play the game - he talks out of his ass and makes generalizations which leads to blaming Rex for trading up for Kellen Clemens comments. 

If we had signed Desean Jackson and Revis or Cro in the off-season we'd be 2-3 or 3-2 now. That said Rex has not done a good job coaching this team - way too many stupid penalties. The Anti-Rex crowd in the media are having a party now but it really is not all Rex's fault even though I agree he needs to go.

we could be 2-3, 3-2 or even 4-1 with a competent coach.

we could be 2-3, 3-2 or even 4-1 with a competent coach.

Rex has done a garbage job this season but our roster is bottom 5:

QB: Tweetle Dee and Tweetle Dumb

RB: Good

FB: Who cares

OT: Decent

C: Decent, Mangold hasn't been great for a couple years now

OG: Disaster, Winters is the worst starting OL player in the NFL even worse than Ducasse

WR: Garbage unless Decker plays and is healthy which is never the case

TE: Garbage unless Amaro is allowed to actually play

DL: Strength of the team, it only took Rex 6 1st round picks to accomplish this

LB: Average

Secondary: Waste of time

How we don't have bottom 5 roster in talent is beyond my comprehension.  And I'm not defending Rex I think he's done an awful job this season the penalties are outrageous and playing Milliner and Decker when they were clearly not healthy was stupid.  But this roster is flat out terrible - with $22 million in cap space and supposedly 22 draft picks or whatever.

Archived