Reasonable #s you EXPECT Pryor & Amaro to produce in 2015

Gas2No99

I sure do. This is their 2nd year in the league, and one of them was playing out of position as a rookie, while the other has a brain dead QB. It may turn out that they both suck, but you surely don't know that yet.

But thanks for your very inciteful post. It was so informative and a great addition to this forum.

We should be predicting drops and missed tackles because that's where they both excel.

Pryor had no business being a #1 pick. Even if we really good, which he isn't, strong safety is a position you can fill with a JAG and 80-90% of the production if the best ones. But all he is is a big hitter This was a Rex pick through and through and he looks like a bust. Not convinced he starts.

I think Amaro could surprise. Not graceful but he knows how to get open. If his role can be simplified allowing him to play fast, I think he can be a 70 catch guy.

Not sure about Pryor.  But Amaro I think we will see around 650yds with 5-6TDs

Pryor had no business being a #1 pick. Even if we really good, which he isn't, strong safety is a position you can fill with a JAG and 80-90% of the production if the best ones. But all he is is a big hitter This was a Rex pick through and through and he looks like a bust. Not convinced he starts.

I think Amaro could surprise. Not graceful but he knows how to get open. If his role can be simplified allowing him to play fast, I think he can be a 70 catch guy.

Not sure I agree.  I think he is still going to be a good player but Ryan actually ****ed him by changing his position.  Guy should not have been moved and trained up for a FS position.  I think you will see him go back to his SS position this year and with Bowles and company get him situated on reading and taking the correct angles in coverage.  We need him back in his natural box safety attack the run and hit mofos over the middle style of play.

Not sure about Pryor. But Amaro I think we will see around 650yds with 5-6TDs

Not sure I agree. I think he is still going to be a good player but Ryan actually ****ed him by changing his position. Guy should not have been moved and trained up for a FS position. I think you will see him go back to his SS position this year and with Bowles and company get him situated on reading and taking the correct angles in coverage. We need him back in his natural box safety attack the run and hit mofos over the middle style of play.

I don't have a problem with how Rex handled Pryor. He held him accountable and said go play the position. He can't hack it and now we know he's not a free safety

I think Dix had a pretty low rating among safeties as well this year.  Maybe it is a tough position to learn?  Especially if you are played out of position.  Coverage?  What's that, is what I can imagine Pryor saying in a meeting room.

Safety is probably the hardest position to learn on defense. The fan base is tremendously impatient. I think we se a big step from Pryor in year 2 especially once we put some talent around him. In preseason, Westhoff thought Pryor could be used in alot of different ways. probably tried to give him too much too soon.

I don't have a problem with how Rex handled Pryor. He held him accountable and said go play the position. He can't hack it and now we know he's not a free safety

He was never meant to be a free safety though.  Just like Ryan shouldn't have moved Allen to CB.  Allen was an ascending safety talent that unfortunately got stunted in his development b/c he was asked to do the impossible. So just like Allen, Pryor lost valuable training for the position he is most suited for in the NFL.  I expect Pryor to develop a year slower now since Ryan handicapped him for his rookie season.

I want this organization to smarten up and draft players for the positions they are meant to play at and not the "potential" of them playing another position.  The only place you should be doing this routinely is on the lines.

Archived