Jets Were in the Running for La'el Collins

AFJF

See The Raiders came second in the N Suh sweekstakes. ( who cares) Unfortunately you don't get any points if you don't get the guy you want. Really doesn't matter if you were second or 32 on the players list.

No it doesn't, but it does give you some insight in to how your team's FO is going to approach players who may have prohibitive reasons in pursuing them.  I like that the Jets weren't scared off by those trying to publicly convict him with no knowledge regarding the facts of the case.

Pretty much this - its a pretty big miss by not only us but also 30 other teams.

True or false: If he was drafted he could hold out the year and reenter the 2016 draft.  My understanding is true.  In that case, drafting him would have been doing him a favor and wasting a 7th round pick. Somebody posted some rude response to me about it as if I can't read because I said that, but everything I have read indicates that it is true.  The league would not let him pull out of the 2015 draft while it was ongoing and reenter, but if he is drafted and refuses to sign, he should be eligible to reenter the draft.  That is what Crabtree was threatening cause he insisted on getting more than Heyward-Bey - though that was under the old CBA.  By not getting drafted, he cannot refuse a contract and is not eligible to reenter.

Basically, this is what his agent angled for by saying that he wouldn't sign a 3rd day contract.  They probably figured getting able to pick team and tax consequences was worth more than any slightly higher contract and I think UDFAs get to become UFAs a year sooner than picks. 

Archived