Ivory = Beast Mode Part Deux

ASH1962

Cannot be more impressed by one player than I am with Chris Ivory. The man is a beast, period. He runs possessed on every carry with maximum effort, rarely (if ever) fumbles, always pushes for extra positive yardage refusing to be tackled, and is a big physical presence in our backfield. Ivory also displays a burst of speed which is quite rare for a big back like him. I am glad he is our #1 back, and hope he remains healthy for all 16 games.

Other thoughts from our big win yesterday:

Our O Line was terrific yesterday against a pretty good defense. They allowed no sacks and opened plenty of holes for our backs. Marshall had a good game, he is the big physical receiver we have needed seemingly forever. Chris Owusu (who I am really starting to like a lot as our #3 - did Kerley play yesterday at all?) made a huge 43 yard catch early in the game as well, which in most years, Jet WR's would have dropped. Still nervous about our QB. Had Fitz not thrown that horrible pick, maybe I would feel differently, however, something we as Jet fans have been, and still are craving, but have not seen in years, is a turnover free QB performance (forget last years Miami game which nobody cared about). A few of these and maybe I will feel more confident in Fitz and the QB position as a whole, but that INT was a Geno Smith type throw into triple coverage where Fitz did not see the SS underneath. I think Marshall's heady play to strip the ball on that Int turned the game around.

D still having trouble getting off of the field on 3rd down and rushing the passer without blitzing seemingly regardless of who the HC and DC are. I know we only gave up 10 points, but that is because we were facing basically a rookie QB after knocking McCown out. McCown may have thrown and ran for 500 yards had he not gotten hurt. I cannot lie, I am worried about our defense. In the first half, the Browns marched up and down the field at will.

Other than that, no penalties and no stupid mistakes (besides Fitz int) was a very encouraging sign, a complete 180 from what we have seen in the past. When was the last time a Jet team beat an opponent by 3 TD's? Cleveland is a heck of a lot better than the Oakland team we almost lost to at home in last years opener - very encouraging as is the depth this team seems to have. It is amazing when someone who actually knows what he is doing, is running your football operation. This is looking like a competent, competitive, tough football team that should be in every game, however, I am not ready to print up the playoff tickets just yet LOL. Our division is brutal.

All in all, good solid win yesterday with no bluster or bravado which to me, is a fresh and healthy change for us. HC was very businesslike as was the team itself, going out and doing what they are supposed to do. As the season progresses we will see what we have and how far we can go. Hopefully we will get better each week as we seem to have starting in the PS.

Please with the Idzik references. The guy did do a few good things but when it came to picking players Ivory might be the only bright spot other than Decker. After looking at what Macc did this offseason why even reference the guy ? I mean what's the point /

Rex sucks, Sanchez sucks. Bradway sucks. Tannenbaum sucks. Pennington sucks, Herm sucks. Kotite sucks. Walton sucks. 

I could go on for some time with this, being the Jets and all. :)

Archived