All in on Bryce Petty

joewilly12

no you havent.  Sanchez came from a pro style offense where he progressed through reads and made decisions as a QB at usc.

Bryce petty never even had a play book as a QB at baylor.  In the baylor offense, the play called included who petty had to throw to, regardless of coverage, defense called, etc.

Petry never had to make a single read or decision in college, never even turned his head after the snap...the play was  called for him to throw to wr1 aND he dropped back and threw to wr 1.

You've never seen a QB do well in that conversion ...except rg3 yr 1 when they designed the offense the same way for the skins, where they never asked him to read a defense and make a decision, he later fell apart when asked to use his brain ...petty will be asked to do that day 1.  It hasn't ever worked in the nfl...

There has only been 1 successful QB in nfl history from that offense, Aaron rodgers...and it took him 4 years on the bench to figure it out.

You're pretending petty can do in 6 months what took 4 years for Rodgers to do...it hasn't ever occurged in 6 MOnths...ever...how did Alex smith look when he tried?  How does kapernock look?  Geno?  

Nope...never...in the history of the NFL.

I don't recall Mark Sanchez looking off a DB or progressing through any reads in his rookie season.  I remember him locking in on the primary, waiting for an opening, and throwing the ball in there.

And one can argue quite easily that the Jets have two of the best WR's for a raw rookie in Decker and Marshall who know how to get open and fight for balls.

This isn't an optimal situation.  We have to improvise.  If Fitzpatrick can't go and it boils down to Geno Smith or Bryce Petty, you give Petty the start.  Geno can't win a game.  Petty might.

SAR I

it's a good question. decades of disappointment should leave us marginally uncaring, like Browns fans. 

the real question is why do we get our hopes up? Why do we expect every year to be the year? it's madness. 

Why do we get our hopes up on almost no evidence

Archived