Is QB Fitz the 2015 Comeback Player of the Year?

Warfish

He's doing both.  He just won a meaningful game in Dec.  That's a big game.  He did it playing very well.  That's being good at some point.

And your whole case that his season being good or bad is contingent on one game vs. NE is ridiculous.  Zero logic.

You're the missing the point. Like completely. It's not about NE. It could be CIN, DEN, KC - I don't give a sh*t.

You want to throw around titles like CBPOY and leader, etc etc then this guy has to win in a big game - which at this point, is ANY team with .500 or better record. We have a division game coming up in 2 weeks against a team presently 10-2. We win that game, I'm officially on board. 

You're the missing the point. Like completely. It's not about NE. It could be CIN, DEN, KC - I don't give a sh*t.

You want to throw around titles like CBPOY and leader, etc etc then this guy has to win in a big game - which at this point, is ANY team with .500 or better record. We have a division game coming up in 2 weeks against a team presently 10-2. We win that game, I'm officially on board. 

The bar just keeps getting set higher for what people require to be happy about Fitzpatrick.  We've had QB's basically throwing passes backwards the last 6 years and all of a sudden its Pro Bowl or bust when it comes to Fitz.  Very strange.

You do realize you don't HAVE to sh*t on any/every pro-Fitz post you read right?  If all you care about is whether he beats NE or not then you don't really have to comment at all until then, no?

The bar just keeps getting set higher for what people require to be happy about Fitzpatrick.

We've had QB's basically throwing passes backwards the last 6 years and all of a sudden its Pro Bowl or bust when it comes to Fitz.  Very strange.

not at all. Why does it always have to be all or nothing with you people. Jesus... 

Again, let me be clear - come back player of the year? Playoff hopes beyond simply being seeded? Then show me something. A win against a "better" opponent.

Why the hell is that bad/jaded/corrupted point of view?? 

not at all. Why does it always have to be all or nothing with you people. Jesus... 

Again, let me be clear - come back player of the year? Playoff hopes beyond simply being seeded? Then show me something. A win against a "better" opponent.

Why the hell is that bad/jaded/corrupted point of view?? 

Because it means that, the day after a nice win, we're not allowed to be happy about it.  We're just supposed to be neutral or "meh" until the NE game.

Because it means that, the day after a nice win, we're not allowed to be happy about it.  We're just supposed to be neutral or "meh" until the NE game.

again, not at all. Look at the thread title. 

Is it "good game by the jets"... or "Fitz played a great 4th quarter"... No its not, is it? I'm addressing the topic of Fitz being comeback player of the year.

Stop trying to demonize me. 

again, not at all. Look at the thread title. 

Is it "good game by the jets"... or "Fitz played a great 4th quarter"... No its not, is it? I'm addressing the topic of Fitz being comeback player of the year.

Stop trying to demonize me. 

Not buying it.  These are 2 posts by you in the "Max 6 win" thread:

lol lame bump. 

Fitz's record against .500 teams is like 3-30, and this season he's done nothing to change. Lets shelve the "Fitzmagic" talk for another 2 weeks. NE in our house. Then let's revisit. 

You mean a QB doing their job? What about against the Eagles? F*ck 1993, we've never beaten them.

I don't know if it's just dillusional, or maybe its an indication of how long it's been since we've had a QB - but some of you guys are high as a motherf*cker.

Even a thread where people have responded saying the obvious....that Fitz is having a nice season....was a problem for you.  A "QB doing his job" is not something we've had since 2008...maybe even 1998.  I'd say that's something to be a little excited about.  Or, if you really seem to not care like you say, maybe just not comment on at all?  Just a thought.

To be clear, Brady is in the discussion for MVP. You know how many QBs with a winning record he's beaten this year?

EDIT: Or conversely, you know how many "big games" he's lost this year?

Not buying it.  These are 2 posts by you in the "Max 6 win" thread:

Even a thread where people have responded saying the obvious....that Fitz is having a nice season....was a problem for you.  A "QB doing his job" is not something we've had since 2008...maybe even 1998.  I'd say that's something to be a little excited about.  Or, if you really seem to not care like you say, maybe just not comment on at all?  Just a thought.

i didn't accidentally comment in this particular thread. Indeed I have feelings about throwing around lofty titles for a guy with Fitz's history. 

I think you're looking for something that isn't there. If there was a thread for Marshall to earn the same award, i'd be all in. He's earned it. Pryor is having a great season when healthy. I'd blow MoWilk if he was right here in front of me.... I'm not adverse to praising. Fitz is winning and over the last couple weeks, has begun to earn the title of NY Jets Starting Quarterback.. if he can keep it rolling another 2 weeks... I'm on board, as I've said. 

Archived