Gailey and Kapp?

#bman

15 minutes ago, #bman said:

With the weapons we now have on offense why not give Kapp a shot? Gailey can probably fix him right?

I never had a problem with Kaep. I think he's a player that needs talent around him and a competent coaching staff in order to produce, which given that this is a teams sport I dont see anything wrong with that if it ultimately leads to wins/SB appearances. 

If we were to get Kaep I wouldnt have a problem with that. I would take Kaep over Fitz so at minimum I would see it as an upgrade. Some fans would disagree, but if we could accept a guy like Fitz with his past in large part because of his man-beard, I think we can deal with a QB that actually have playoff appearances, was actually in the SB and if not for the power outage and a hold on Crabtree that was ignored by the refs on their last drive, Kaep could have very well been a SB champion. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

joe_kapp_1969_12_01.jpg

He's a bit long in the tooth but I suppose we are desperate, he did punch out a fellow 70 year old plus player though so he has spunk.

greycupoldguys.gif

LOL.  First thing that popped into my mind, too.  The other Joe was a real brawler, both on and off the field.

The story behind that fight is epic and shows that football players NEVER forgive or forget.  Joe Kapp was the Qb for the BC Lions and in the 1964 Grey Cup game Angelo Mosca (the guy with the cane) who was the mean joe greene of that era hit the BC star running back late and out of bounds with a dirty hit that put him out of the game.  Hamilton won the game that scene was mosca being honored years later and Kapp was supposed to give him a flower or something to 'make up', instead he shoves the flower in moscas face, mosca hits him with a cane and Kapp decks mosca with a punch.

Archived