Jets set to Host Hackenberg

JetNation

On April 14, 2016 at 11:02 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Exactly. 

For those that follow college football. When a kid like Hackenberg starts as a freshmen and posts a 58.9 completion percentage it is almost a lock that his completion percentage will only improve each year after that. Instead, his completion percentage dropped. To me, that is coaching and a lack of talent surrounding him. While he did have some good WRs  and this year he had a great freshmen RB, he had ZERO line. He would be hit on every drop back and ultimately he lost confidence so that when he did have time he would still short arm some throws. 

As a PSU fan it was maddening at times to watch a kid that sacrificed so much (could have bailed on PSU and go to a school with a full compliment of scholarships) be misused and get worse as his got older. I think with the proper coaching the kid can be a franchise QB. With that said, I wouldn't take him in the 1st round. He's more of a 2nd/3rd round guy. 

Yep.  The worst decision that Hackenberg made was committing to PSU.  The second worst was staying after O'Brien left.

It also sort of shows that he doesn't mind adversity and is a loyal soldier.

Archived