11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I thought he could be a round 2 guy but listened to a pod the other day with a former scout who said maybe he goes 1 round earlier.

Either way, the kid has lots of positive attributes and for the first time since Pennington we'll see a young QB sit and learn behind a competent vet.

Jordan Travis is light years a better QB than MCarthy. It ain’t even close. image.jpeg.404a5430534305d94640bf7bb14c4257.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

What if Travis Jordan didn’t injure his ankle, went on to lead Florida State into the playoffs, and won the National Championship. Where do you think he would have landed in the draft? Round 1 ahead of that water pistol packing gunslinger McCarthy? Ahead of Bo? Ahead of Penix? Jordan led the Seminoles to a 11-0 season before breaking his ankle. Just wondering if the football gods have forgiven JD for taking Wilson with the #2 pick and handed us the steal of the draft.

Eh… the Seminole defense led that team, not their QB. Jordan’s job was to not screw things up.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Not much of a stat guy eh?

I’m a Syracuse fan. I live down south and follow the ACC. I probably saw this kid play more than most of you.
He was a good college QB who played on a great team in a weak conference. His injury cost them a spot in the playoffs and if they got in with both him and their defense they had a shot. 
His NFL ceiling is a backup though. He was what? A 6 year senior? What you saw is what you’ll get.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

I thought he could be a round 2 guy but listened to a pod the other day with a former scout who said maybe he goes 1 round earlier.

Either way, the kid has lots of positive attributes and for the first time since Pennington we'll see a young QB sit and learn behind a competent vet.

I can't say that it wouldn't have happened, but I'd have been shocked beyond belief if Travis went even in the 2nd round, much less the 1st.  He's small, and likely to be easily injured in the NFL, and imo it's questionable whether he has an NFL-caliber arm.  He was great at FSU this past season, but I'll be surprised if he even become a long-term backup QB in the NFL.

He had a similar statistical year his junior as he did his senior. And nobody had him as a 1st round QB in the early mocks.

I don't think his injury is what prevented him from going in the 1st.

Had he not gotten injured, maybe he goes before Spencer Rattler. So say 4th round.

• Upvote 3

hard to say.  he wasn't rated very high by the nfl draft gods so he may have gone in the second or third rounds.  being on a championship team doesn't guarantee a high draft placement.  look at guys like stetson bennet or danny wuerful or gino toretta.  another knock on jordan is that he's 24.  not that he's too old but his physical ceiling is close to being reached.  he's also shorter than most qbs.  it's possible he'll be a heck of a qb.  what's between the ears counts the most.  lots of guys didn't have the physical attributes like joe theisman,  or even russel wilson but they came in and made plays and won.

On 5/7/2024 at 12:12 AM, Maynard13 said:

What if Travis Jordan didn’t injure his ankle, went on to lead Florida State into the playoffs, and won the National Championship. Where do you think he would have landed in the draft? Round 1 ahead of that water pistol packing gunslinger McCarthy? Ahead of Bo? Ahead of Penix? Jordan led the Seminoles to a 11-0 season before breaking his ankle. Just wondering if the football gods have forgiven JD for taking Wilson with the #2 pick and handed us the steal of the draft.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Go to the Wayback Machine, look up a good NFL prospect scouting site, and see where they had him ranked the day before he broke whatever.

What happened happened, he is what he is.  No need to blow some much poorly veiled hype-smoke about what he "shoulda, coulda" have been.  He's on an NFL roster, and we'll (hopefully) get to see him throw some passes in preseason, and see what truly matters, which isn't where he as picked, but how he plays at and against the pro level.

• Upvote 2

On 5/7/2024 at 12:12 AM, Maynard13 said:

What if Travis Jordan didn’t injure his ankle, went on to lead Florida State into the playoffs, and won the National Championship. Where do you think he would have landed in the draft? Round 1 ahead of that water pistol packing gunslinger McCarthy? 

back in the day Sam Bradford blew out his shoulder and still went 1 overall

if Travis Jordan "Stayed healthy" He probably goes day 3 anyway. The dude had a great NCAA career but it's apparent from film his arm strength might be closer to Ken Dorsey (or Chad) than anyone realizes

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

When I read this reply, I see this in my head:

tenor.gif?itemid=3467382

Kinda. But darker. My mom died in 1992. She had a rough last couple years. I just turned 21. There was a lot of Jim Beam and Doors Music. I completely missed Dennis Byrd getting hurt. Things were messed up. 

• Sympathy 3

13 hours ago, freestater said:

Kinda. But darker. My mom died in 1992. She had a rough last couple years. I just turned 21. There was a lot of Jim Beam and Doors Music. I completely missed Dennis Byrd getting hurt. Things were messed up. 

sh*t, sorry free. I was just trying to be funny. Didn’t mean to make light of your hard times. ☹️

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

sh*t, sorry free. I was just trying to be funny. Didn’t mean to make light of your hard times. ☹️

No worries. It was a cryptic post. I was absolutely certain there was no ill intent. 

• Sympathy 1

I don’t think he has enough talent.

Backup level NFL arm that can hit guys if they are wide the frick open but not much in the way of timing, anticipation, or anything next level.

He’s like a pitcher who throws an 80 mph fastball.   Not going to be able to drive the ball downfield into NFL windows.

Travis can run a bit though and kept the ball out of harm’s way in college.

Basically looks like they sort of drafted a young Tyrod Taylor if he hits his ceiling.

The FSU connection made me think of EJ Manuel 😂