Bryce Petty

#bman

Did the Jets move up in the draft to get Petty? I think all this trading up QB talk is just a smoke screen. Mac says he makes calls all the time seeing what it would take to move up or down in the draft. The media is just making a story. No one has said that the Jets actually put a legit offer out for a pick. Petty has all the tools to develop into a starting QB. They want to take their time with him. I honestly think the plan all along is to sign Fitz and then get Petty ready for 2017.

Just now, #bman said:

Did the Jets move up in the draft to get Petty? I think all this trading up QB talk is just a smoke screen. Mac says he makes calls all the time seeing what it would take to move up or down in the draft. The media is just making a story. No one has said that the Jets actually put a legit offer out for a pick. Petty has all the tools to develop into a starting QB. They want to take their time with him. I honestly think the plan all along is to sign Fitz and then get Petty ready for 2017.

Agreed, however I don't think you can put your complete faith in Petty yet, and this is coming from someone who wanted them to draft Petty in the 2nd round last year. (Shows you how much I know. Eve though some pundit ls had him as a late first, but I digress.) Jets valued Petty as a 4th rounder which means you're sure he can be a good back up (which is great value for a 4th rd QB) and you hope he can be the franchise. But there's too many unknowns. 

If you feel as strong or stronger about another QB you get him, with or without Fitz on the roster. 

11 minutes ago, #bman said:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/04/nfl_draft_rumors_jets_reportedly_made_serious_offe.html

NFL Draft rumors: Jets reportedly made 'serious offer' for No. 1 pick

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

one thing interesting about petty, is that he was hanging out with mangold/decker/fitz last night.  he's alligned himself with the leaders of the offense.  one of his strengths was that he was likable and a leader.  you'd never see geno there.

Nice. Regardless, the team still is acting like they don't believe he is a serious option to start this season, if ever. But I do like seeing this.

Archived