Draft Day Rituals, Superstitions, traditions . . .

Gas2No99

Any hardcore draftniks have any peculiar or funny Draft Day Rituals they perform for this event? Or superstitions to make the hellacious experience known as the NY Jets draft less painful and anxiety-inducing?

I always drink a Yoo-Hoo as they announce the Jets 1st round pick. 

I miss the old format where you would bunker down on a Saturday afternoon for the first 3 rounds and not be done until Sunday early evening. 

PS - Also rooting we select HOGAN from Stanford in the 3rd or 4th round!!!

I eat boneless wings and cheese fries, drink beer, get upset at the Jets' pick, then drink more beer and watch youtube videos of the selection to gradually talk myself into it.

I realize this may seem sarcastic but it's actually become a tradition. And I don't expect it will be broken this year.

Miss the old format for sure too.

1 minute ago, derp said:

I eat boneless wings and cheese fries, drink beer, get upset at the Jets' pick, then drink more beer and watch youtube videos of the selection to gradually talk myself into it.

Miss the old format for sure too.

Good point. Technology definitely has helped the casual fan in terms of reading up on the draft picks. YouTube probably BLOWS up in that subcategory of all the college player highlights during the 3 day draft period. 

I'm still old school and like to have at least 3 paper draft mags at the ready to aide on players, but I definitely resort to Youtube during the draft which I didn't do up until maybe the last 3-5 years. 

Archived