WR Robby Anderson?

Sarge4Tide

Anderson's Chances after 2 Preseason Games?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. After 2 Preseason Games, what are WR Robby Anderson's chances of starting the season on the Jets 53 man active roster?

• 0-10%
    • 11-20%
    • 21-30%
    • 31-40%
    • 41-50%
    • 51-60%
    • 61-70%
    • 71-80%
    • 81-90%
    • 91-100%

2 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

I like him....he looked awesome the other night.  We have a few crazy rookie WRs

nderson had 70 receptions for 939 yards and seven touchdowns in 2015. During the 2014 season, he had 44 receptions for 791 yards and nine touchdowns.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.34 seconds 
Vertical: 36 1/2 inches 
Broad jump: 10 feet, 8 inches 
Short shuttle: 4.28 seconds 
3-cone: 7.07 seconds 
Bench: 8 reps of 225 pounds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Has tremendous bounce to climb the ladder and snatch the pass at its high point. Has excellent balance and body control to make the circus catch. Plays faster than his timed speed and has decent short area quickness. Well-liked by coaching staff and considered a good teammate. Showed ability to get some separation during Shrine Game practices.

WEAKNESSES

Rail-thin frame. Missed 2014 season after being suspended for academic purposes and elements of his game fell off in 2015. No such things as easy catches. Able to make the circus catch, but struggled badly with focus drops. Average long speed and getting deep on double moves and through play­-action.

That can't be right .

4 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

are you kidding...Devin Smith played 3 games in his rookie season...its one thing to keep someone around for 4 years with a large pool of game tape showing they haven't improved at all...to cut your second round pick after he has played 3 games in the NFL is just silly.  Zero aggression when the ball is in the air..i remember most of the plays where the ball was in the air it was thrown 10 feet behind him when he had a wide open field infront of him...he wasnt drafted to be the next Dez Bryant he isnt the guy who is going to fight and get the ball in triple coverage...he was drafted to be the speedy guy who can get open for a big play and he was drafted when Geno Smith was our starter not Fitzpatrick. Devin Smith might end up being a bust but to be concerned about him based on his own performance at this point is absurd.

Yes, it's unfair to cast judgement on the little playing time he had, and fitz rarely gave him a nice throw. He appeared, to me, to have some serious speed/quickness/acceleration. He had guys beat, IIRC, yet had to pull back on the throttle to adjust for Fitzys ducks.

With that said, PUP his ass if he's not 100%; I'd like to get an extended look at the other guys. If the other guys pan out, THEN you have a tough decision to make with the talented, some-what hobbled Smith.

Archived