Does Bryce Petty suck?

T0mShane

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Jets2013 said:

I think Petty has a bright future and if he keeps improving "could" be the future franchise QB. Never know....I see flashes of a potentially good NFL QB

One of the reasons I want Smith cut is I think there's enough there with Petty to see whether he can really develop, which includes getting as much in during practice as he can.  Smith is in the way of that.

On 9/6/2016 at 9:44 AM, Big Blocker said:

I basically agree here, but do note that when the Jets drafted Hackenberg, they were still trying to get a multi-year deal with Fitzpatrick.  But I agree for the most part since the key to drafting Hackenberg was that the FO knew Smith would be gone and that Fitz was/is not the medium to long term solution.  Even if Fitz had agreed to a multi-year deal, the FO wanted to have both Petty and Hackenberg under contract next off season. 

Imo if one or obviously both enter the next off season and fail to inspire confidence, the Jets will likely go Qb in the next draft.

But that's a ways off.  Right now unless some other roster moves/injuries take off the pressure, I expect when Petty is healthy the FO cuts Smith since they will need the space.

I agree with everything, but the last sentence.  Geno is going to play out the season unless we trade him, or trade for another QB.   

On September 7, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Jet Nut said:

You can have Gurley, I'll take Williams.  Williams will be a top player into his 30's, you hope Gurley gives you 5 years.  Teams dont win because they have the leagues top RB anymore.  You can be just as effective with RB by committee 

I wanted Gurley but Williams is reminding me of dare I say, Reggie White. And he wears 92. I mean he is just a man child still and is explosive and dominant at the LOS. He can stop the run, Rush the passer, can't be blocked. Wow this kid is special. 

PS Williams was the right choice. Mac got this one right!

Archived