Alex Smith and KC

Smashmouth

Revis needs to play press man coverage. Only thing he's good at because he knows what receivers are going to do before they do.

He cannot beat the best receivers anymore but it does not mean that he'll be good playing zone, or with help. He's not even that good at using his help. 

He needs to take out players that he can match up with now. He needs to admit this to himself and be forced to study these players. I don't think he even knew who Goodwin was.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

It's a huge trap game.

For the Chiefs.

Cute.

I wouldn't undersell this team either.  They get the bonehead plays straightened out (big if), they can compete with anyone in a year that the league overall looks weak, at least in the early returns.  I'm not certain they will, but if this team makes the playoffs, you're not going to want to face them.

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

The O-line will really need to hold up for Minn. to be a SB contender. I don't think they will. And AP is hobbled- not sure how long he will be out but, again, even whe he comes back, I don't have faith that their O-line will get much of a push for him to have the big season Minn. will need out of him to go deep into the playoffs.  

Sam Bradford is the reason they are contenders not the O-line.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Every single CB in this league will look good if you give them safety help over the top on every play.  The whole idea about having a #1 CB who you pay a ton of money to is to have a guy that doesn't need help over the top.  You give REvis help over the top and you get no help over the top for your other CB who allegedly is not as good as REvis. You also have a tougher time coveringTE's and RB's if you have to add over the top safety play all the time.

A Revis that looks good only when he has help over the top = mediocre CB that we will cut right after the season.

I believe this is an over simplification. First of all, there are plenty of times a double team is beat by a receiver. So, not every CB looks good with safety help.

Secondly, Revis certainly doesn't always need safety help. It depends on the defense, the WR, the scheme, etc. Sometimes you play zone, sometimes you want to press, others (like prevent or 3 and 30) you want to play off.

Finally, the big question is how long does the CB (and safety) has to cover. During that TD on the broken play (even though it wasn't Revis) the QB had something like 5+ seconds. No CB (or CB/Safety) is going to be able to cover forever.

Archived