I don't get how a 6 INT game by a QB can be accepted

ASH1962

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

what else is he going to say, one more time and we're benching him for geno?

He could say:  "My bad.  I phucked up a few things...

1. Fitz should have been benched last season.
  2. Announcing Fitz as the team's starter, when he wasn't even on the team this past offseason, was one of the dumbest moves by a Jets coach ever.
  3. Supporting Macc's decision to actually re-sign him as wrong.
  4. Not sitting Fitz for the 2nd half last week was a mistake.

No worries.  I've just had a few bad days at the office the past year or so."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets are handling things professionally. And as typical a small percentage of our fans want them to (over)react unprofessionally and bench the Qb after one bad game. .Believe me his time to be benched will come if this continues. So far in his Jets career this hasn't been the case. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The Jets are handling things professionally. And as typical a small percentage of our fans want them to (over)react unprofessionally and bench the Qb after one bad game. .Believe me his time to be benched will come if this continues. So far in his Jets career this hasn't been the case. 

The media hasnt even brought up the possibility of him being benched. Now if he plays like that against Seattle, then maybe you should bench him

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

honestly i think it's coachspeak and he's covering for his qb.  bowles knows fitz is not signed beyond this year, and that petty and hack are waiting in the wings, petty first.  he's just protecting the leader of his team early in the year during a brutal schedule and is trying to maintain high morale in the lockerroom so they can hopefully win at least 2 of the next 3 games.

Fair enough.  And I typically dont put too much stock into press conferences and like you said, coach talk.  It just struck me as very naive to strike that up as a bad day at the office, especially considering he's only had 1 good day at the office the last 4 times he took the field.  It hasnt been just 1 bad day at the office.  But I digress. 

You're right though.  He's probably just giving him a vote of confidence since they dont speak at all throughout the week.  This might be his venue to get some encouraging words out to him. 

On 9/26/2016 at 10:44 AM, Jetdawgg said:

In 3 of his last 4 games. Fitzpatrick has choked badly. That is a pattern that will keep the Jets out of the playoffs, AGAIN. He has to be benched for Geno till Petty gets some good reps. Even when Fitz completes a pass, like the one to Robby Anderson it is not what it should be. That is a score if he makes the right throw. 

The Jets now have burners at WR. Get them in the game and get Fitz out of the QB position so we can have a chance to use our speedy O. It was not the protection yesterday. Clady held up pretty good. 

This. 

Archived