Opposing QBs vs Jets This Season

Lith

90-126 for 1,140 yards, 8 TDs and 2 picks.  Those are the combined numbers of Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor, Alex Smith and Russell Wilson against the Jets this season.  

That comes to 71.4% completion percentage, 9.1 yards per attempt and a 4:1 TD:Int Rate.  Want to know how many QBs in the history of the game have put together a full season with numbers like those.  None,  not 1.  Not Elway.  Not Marino.  Not Brady.  Nobody.  The guy to come closest to these numbers for a full season was Joe Montana in his best season, 1989.  He finished with a 70% completion percentage, 9.1 yards per attempt, and a 3.25:1 TD:Int ratio.  Sammy Baugh (70%, 9.2 per attempt and 2.7:1) also came close to those numbers for a full season in 1945.

Our defense.  Supposedly the strength of this team, is allowing opposing QBs to play at a "Joe Montana in his best season" level.  Add to that a below average QB, who plays poorly when his team falls behind and you have the recipe for a disastrous, historically bad season.

The pass defense has got to be fixed, or we will be lucky to win two more games.  And we get to go up against Big Ben and Antonio Brown this weekend.

Yesterdays game as an example I saw or I thought I saw 5+ down lineman at times what the hell is Bowles doing he's not foolling anyone with his schemes and trickery this is Rex Ryan II. 

Im done with Todd Bowles he's an inexperienced fool who rode the coat tails of Bruce Arians short success. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yesterdays game as an example I saw or I thought I saw 5+ down lineman at times what the hell is Bowles doing he's not foolling anyone with his schemes and trickery this is Rex Ryan II. 

Im done with Todd Bowles he's an inexperienced fool who rode the coat tails of Bruce Arians short success. 

Can't really argue with you.  Through 15 games last season, after the NE win, I really thought we had found something in Bowles.  But man, the sh!tshow of the last 5 games going back to Buffalo at the end of last season has really changed my opinion.  I will reserve judgement until the end of the season, but its hard to have confidence in him right now.  

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Can't really argue with you.  Through 15 games last season, after the NE win, I really thought we had found something in Bowles.  But man, the sh!tshow of the last 5 games going back to Buffalo at the end of last season has really changed my opinion.  I will reserve judgement until the end of the season, but its hard to have confidence in him right now.  

I never had any confidence in the QB not saying Geno would better but id like to see what he can do or anyone else for that matter at this point.

Watching the Jets with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB is very hard to do he flat out sucks.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I never had any confidence in the QB not saying Geno would better but id like to see what he can do or anyone else for that matter at this point.

Watching the Jets with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB is very hard to do he flat out sucks.

Yeah I mean Fitz is doing a really bad job with the defense this season. Somebody should take him out of the defense ASAP.

njl60xjwgrkWY.gif

Bowles seems to be clueless / stubborn when it comes to making adjustments. There is black hole behind the D-line (with the exception of Lee) and the opponents are more than happy to keep exploiting it week in and week out. 

• David Harris is done but never seems to come off the field.  Thanks for your years of service David, it's time to go
  • Calvin Pryor is incapable of covering anyone, but continues to cover WR's/TE's/ Backs...why?
  • We have watched teams complete bubble screens and quick hitters to WR's along the line of scrimmage with impunity for four games straight.  Can we perhaps make an adjustment to prevent that?  Please? somebody, anybody?
  • There is simply no awareness to RB's running a wheel route out of the backfield near the goal line.  The Seahawks scored on one of these passes yesterday and  the RB was completely uncovered.  Williams was still 5 yards away when the back crossed the goal line.  WTF? 

Rothlisberger will be sporting wood watching the film this week.  This is a poorly coached team.

19 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Bowles seems to be clueless / stubborn when it comes to making adjustments. There is black hole behind the D-line (with the exception of Lee) and the opponents are more than happy to keep exploiting it week in and week out. 

• David Harris is done but never seems to come off the field.  Thanks for your years of service David, it's time to go
  • Calvin Pryor is incapable of covering anyone, but continues to cover WR's/TE's/ Backs...why?
  • We have watched teams complete bubble screens and quick hitters to WR's along the line of scrimmage with impunity for four games straight.  Can we perhaps make an adjustment to prevent that?  Please? somebody, anybody?
  • There is simply no awareness to RB's running a wheel route out of the backfield near the goal line.  The Seahawks scored on one of these passes yesterday and  the RB was completely uncovered.  Williams was still 5 yards away when the back crossed the goal line.  WTF? 

Rothlisberger will be sporting wood watching the film this week.  This is a poorly coached team.

Williams was in poor position on that play.  I know he's got the only two interceptions, but on the whole he sucks.

Archived