mark sanchez gives us the best chance to win=fitz gives us the best chance to win

kmnj

Bowles is lost in Rex land

we can get used to him saying that over and over again

when get get housed in pitt and az he will say that each time sounding more and more lost

Petty will be the starter week ten when the season is over

We invested a top 5 pick in Mark Sanchez, as well as 4 years (and almost a 5th in 2013 had Sanchez not gotten hurt).

Fitz cost us a 7th round pick, not even a 2 year commitment, and sure, $12M. 

These things are not equal.  We'll be moving on from Fitz after this season, giving way to the Petty/Hackenberg/other show.  Not a great place to be, but definitely a little better than when we were stuck with Sanchez. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We invested a top 5 pick in Mark Sanchez, as well as 4 years (and almost a 5th in 2013 had Sanchez not gotten hurt).

These things are not equal.  We'll be moving on from Fitz after this season, giving way to the Petty/Hackenberg/other show.  Not a great place to be, but definitely a little better than when we were stuck with Sanchez. 

and with Mark we made 2 title games and had one losing season, w/ Fitz we won't make playoffs.  we are far worse now at QB than w/ Mark.  mark just needed talent around him, when he had talent close to what Fitz has around him(but not nearly as good) he helped us reach title games.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Mark sanchez and rex Ryan w/ this team and we'd be LEGIT Super Bowl contenders.

If Mark Sanchez were capable of making a team a Super Bowl contender, you'd think he wouldn't be sitting behind a 4th round QB, and soon to be 3rd string.  In fact, if Tony Romo is healthy, Mark Sanchez is unemployed.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why finish the season with him?  Play Geno or hack or Petty after the Steelers light  up our secondary like a $2 blunt in the hood.

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

If Mark Sanchez were capable of making a team a Super Bowl contender, you'd think he wouldn't be sitting behind a 4th round QB, and soon to be 3rd string.  In fact, if Tony Romo is healthy, Mark Sanchez is unemployed.

doesn't matter.  he's damaged goods at this point, for us he helped us become SB contenders.  when he had talent around him(either here or in Philly) he played well.  w/ this talent on this team rex and sanchez would have us as SB contenders.

21 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Why finish the season with him?  Play Geno or hack or Petty after the Steelers light  up our secondary like a $2 blunt in the hood.

That's what I meant when I said "Not even a 2-year commitment", my bad.  Should have been more clear. 

Yes, I would like to see Petty this season at some point.  We have zero obligation, financially or otherwise, to start Fitz all 16 games. 

However, the problem is that I doubt the coaching staff bypasses Geno Smith on the depth chart.  Geno seeing the field would be largely worthless.  He definitely won't be back in 2017. 

Archived