We Kept 4 QBs For a Reason

TNJet

Please start someone else to give us a spark on offense. The only thing worse than Fitz's TD to Int ratio this year is his demeanor on the field. He doesn't even act like he cares when the games going south. Wheres the fire he had last season? His holdout only made him an even worse QB. Lastly, not one single QB backing him up could have played any worse than he did in the KC game. No ifs, ands or buts.

Macc isn't the problem. Bowles maybe, because he needs to realize he has good young playmakers backing up this waste of space Fitzpatrick. Don't live off his Cinderella last season magic, it'll never happen again. I have a feeling Geno could be very good in Gailey's system, something we haven't even had a chance to see. Morningweg and Rex was his previous jokesters.

3 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Macc isn't the problem. Bowles maybe, because he needs to realize he has good young playmakers backing up this waste of space Fitzpatrick. Don't live off his Cinderella last season magic, it'll never happen again. I have a feeling Geno could be very good in Gailey's system, something we haven't even had a chance to see. Morningweg and Rex was his previous jokesters.

They are both to blame. Maccagnan paying Fitz so much influences how long of a leash he gets. I'm not saying Fitz would have returned for half what he's getting now, but if he was getting something in the $6M range it would be nothing for Bowles to pull him. Caving in and paying him so much, following a long holdout, means Maccagnan has given him more clout and power than he'd otherwise have had.

Never should have paid him this much. And while that was majorly influenced by Bowles in the one time he actually opened his mouth in January, in the end it's still on the GM because he's the one that actually gets the players inked.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I think it was more because our inept GM and head coach couldn't make a decision, 

They were looking to trade Geno Smith the last week of preseason and then Petty got hurt.  They had to keep Smith, and he will be gone as soon as Petty can begin practicing again.  

Archived