Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

2017 New York Yankees Thread

21 minutes ago, Maxman said:

@CrazyCarl40 going for the coveted award in multiple forums. I never check basketball, maybe he is in there as well. Could be a triple threat lol.

Guy loses debates with great consistency. Kind of impressive. Except it isn't.

Anyhow go start a Red Sox thread instead of trolling Yankees fans.

Cool story bro. 

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

@CrazyCarl40 going for the coveted award in multiple forums. I never check basketball, maybe he is in there as well. Could be a triple threat lol.

Guy loses debates with great consistency. Kind of impressive. Except it isn't.

Anyhow go start a Red Sox thread instead of trolling Yankees fans.

I liked it so much that I just actually liked it. Another cool story for me.

Disappointed for sure, but an incredible run.  The young guys got the experience they needed.  This reminded me a bit of 1995.

The Yanks lost to the better team.  No shame in that.  Yanks need to work on getting home field advantage in the future because the Stadium during this run has been amazing.

7 hours ago, SMC said:

Disappointed for sure, but an incredible run.  The young guys got the experience they needed.  This reminded me a bit of 1995.

The Yanks lost to the better team.  No shame in that.  Yanks need to work on getting home field advantage in the future because the Stadium during this run has been amazing.

The comeback of the year is Yankee stadium. Suddenly it was like the old stadium. Very good to see (and hear).

While Saturday's loss was disappointing, in the big picture this season was a resounding success.  All of the prized prospects are still on or ahead of where we expected them to be and werent even on the roster this post season.  

It was a great year, disappointing ending b/c they had such a great shot to do something special.  as great as the future looks nothing is guaranteed but if this loss turns out to be Seattle 1995 we'll look back and be ok w/ it. 

On 10/22/2017 at 9:26 AM, SMC said:

+1

This is one of those seasons where as soon as it is over you ready for it to start up again. It is like 1995 without the melancholy of knowing Donnie Warning Track Power Baseball wasn't going to be around when they got rolling.

On 10/22/2017 at 8:26 AM, SMC said:

Totally agree.

I would have loved to see them win, but if you told me in April, this team would win 90 games, win a Wild Card, win a round of playoffs, have a young pitcher finish top 5 in CY Young, have a young player win ROY and finish top 2 in MVP.    Sign me up

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Was a fun ride. The Stadium actually sounding like a sports stadium and not the ballet was probably the best part. Greg Bird is slow dear god.

In Bird's defense, he is a first baseman who had a bone taken out of his foot.

As upsetting as losing Game 7 was, I was over it the next day and excited for next year.  That is such a stark difference to the years from 2003-2012 etc.  Young talent all across the board, big contracts coming off the books.  This team was enjoyable to watch and this run was not expected at all.  The stadium was alive again.  Looking forward to next year.

The 2017 Yankee team also reminds me of the 2015 Cubs team.

The 2015 Cubs team had a mix of youth and vets and was "ahead of schedule" when they made the NLCS against the Mets (had gone 73-89 the year before).  Mind you, Kris Bryant was ROY that season and then won the MVP and the WS the next year.  So the parallels are there.

The funny thing is that the Cubs from 2015 to 2016 replaced Castro with Baez.  If the Yanks replace Castro with Torres for 2018 and they get a ring, then the Baseball Gods surely hate Castro.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Fun World Series. Congrats to the Astros.

Good for them, for that fan base, it's their first ever.

Let's face it, they were an outstanding team, and I was proud to see the Yanks push them to the brink.

Yeah... Good job Houston.

That was a great series to cap off an unbelievable post season.  It will be interesting to see where the Yankees go from here.

I do hope for Carl's sake that he discovers a Rex Sox fan site where presumably he can sit around the campfire with like-minded folks comparing the smallness of their equipment.

Houston was the best team in the AL and they closed it out.  Cool that the Yanks only lost to the Champs.  Yanks played better at home than the Dodgers did against the Stros.

Dark horse Manager candidate: Hensley Meulens.

Former Yankee player (89-93) prospect who is currently a coach with the SF Giants.  Is Didi's manager for the Dutch national team.  Speaks 5 languages including Spanish and Japanese.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/13/two-ex-yankees-will-be-in-next-round-of-manager-interviews/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hensley_Meulens