Penn State site's scout on 1st Rd Pick Olu Fashanu

Just now, Ghost said:

People on here are shocked like OT is not an actual need. It was OL or WR the entire time. The 3 receivers were gone by 10. What the **** did you guys want JD to do? People just love to bitch. 

We took our future LT AND gained a 4th and 5th round pick. Stfu. 

He’ll be protecting journeymen QBs for next few years.  AR won’t last much longer.  I’d have gone QB but OT is always a good pick.  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Seriously.  Tomorrow i expect the jets to be aggressive targeting a wr.  And then you can assess how they did.  

I’m literally confused tho. What did these people fully expect? 

• Upvote 1

At least they are trying to not repeat past mistakes past (Becton Aside) best pass pro tech LT in the draft sitting behind Smith,  at least you can be content with that pick given our history. Wanted RO but, LT  was next best thing. 

• Upvote 2

Woody nicknamed his son Brick.  Smart disciplined LT.  Of course Woody is going to want to pick another Brick.

good pick consistent with how other teams were viewing the players.  

I would trade our 2025  first for a high 2024 second. 

• WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Woody nicknamed his son Brick.  Smart disciplined LT.  Of course Woody is going to want to pick another Brick.

good pick consistent with how other teams were viewing the players.  

I would trade our 2025  first for a high 2024 second. 

No, you need that for a qb.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’ve already seen 2 bad grades for the pick, nothing to do with the player, but b/c they insist the jets must win now and the only way to do this is to take Brock bowers. 

idjits 😉👍

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’ve already seen 2 bad grades for the pick, nothing to do with the player, but b/c they insist the jets must win now and the only way to do this is to take Brock bowers. 

And how much winning would they do with Bowers playing Left Tackle, when one of the ancient ones gets injured... 

38 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

PRO COMPARISON: D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Bad run blocker elite pass blocker.

Good for the next 2 years but will struggle when the Jets have to move to a Run first team once Rodgers is done.

Of course - no way he improves over the next two years.  Always will be a bad run blocker

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Chris Ward was a decent player for the Jets. Chris Ward and Marvin Powell Jets bookends when they had a decent team and should of went to the Super Bowl except for that damn mud bowl.

Not saying Ward was bad He just liked to hold a lot I was making a joke

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

The shiny new wr.  And then complain when they couldn’t trade up to the early 2nd to get the best OL on the board. 

Yeah it was not long after is that all the good lineman were gone. There will be not much to pick from inthe second meanwhile plenty of Jefferson types in the second. Someone is going to hit pay dirt there.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

I’m happy with our pick, it’s like JD said oh heck we can draft OL.  Last year’s pick still leaves a bad mojo over that 2022 class. 

Yeah it’s rare that I’m happy on draft day. 2022 and 2024 were great/really good. 2023 was a complete disaster and JD should have never swapped position with GB or should have just given them the 1st in a garbage draft. He’s a not forward looking GM for the most part so I was very happy with last night. 

• Upvote 1

Small hands, lacks a punch, meh in the run game, super duper green, injury history to back up veteran T's w/ an injury history.  Just because they took OL, doesnt make them "smart."  Such an elementary way to look at things. 

Were they smart when they took Becton?  Was it smart to trade picks for AVT?   No, ofcourse not.  These we stupid decisions.   Lets just hope this one isnt because this is no where near a DBrick type guarantee, ya'll high trying to push that claim.  This is a very flawed prospect to take at 11.  That's not even getting into the fact that if all goes well, he doesnt even see the F'ing field in a win now season. 

And I think my favorite part about this pick, is he will need to be developed and every single ******* one of you,  HATES our OL coach.  lmfao

• WTF? 2