We still happy about that win against the Patriots? Poll

We still happy about that win against the Patriots?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. We still happy about that win against the Patriots?

• Rome Odunze and lose to the Patriots
    • Olu Fashanu and win against the Patriots

We would have been picking 7th and taken Odunze. Similar to when the Jets won last game of the season and took

Calvin Pryor instead of Odel Beckham. Yes Jets wanted Odel and would have been picking ahead of the Giants.

• Upvote 1

When the offseason ended I wanted alt but o line was a critical need. Tyron was a shock signing, but never thought fashanu would make it to us. Yes I wanted the sexy WR pick, but if this 21 year old kid can be a plug and play left tackle I would take it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Yeah I'm happy. I think both players will be good but it is harder to find quality LTs than it is WRs. So from that standpoint, we might luck out if Olu is a starter for 10 years. 

I get that he's not an immediate starter but in 8-9 months time if Smith goes down, we'll all be happy we have Olu to step in.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

It was a nice victory and hopefully the end of the Pats absolutely owning the Jets and Saleh.

Do I like Odunze as a prospect? Yes.

Do we know he would have been the pick if the Jets were drafting little higher? Nope.

If Fashanu turns into a franchise LT, nobody is going to give a sh*t.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

YES.

Why?  Because, unless you have an F**** time machine to go forward first to see how the players make out, and then a time machine to go back and somehow change the outcome of the game, these types of exercises are pointless.

• Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

3 months ago people were pissed about that win because they thought we would have no shot at Alt or Fashanu…

We just drafted Fashanu

I don’t get why people constantly dread on this stuff. Unless you have a DeLorean and a flux capacitor handy, just get over it.

We could've traded down for a haul.  Plus the Pats would've gotten a worse pick. 

And the change in draft position wouldn't just apply for the 1st round.  It would've been for every round.  That win against the Pats was still awful.  And Saleh ran Breece 37 times to win that game.  He couldn't even give Izzy a shot.  Still so disgusted with Saleh.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

I detest these types of threads but I will say one thing.

The last time the Bears took a WR many people here really liked, he was the 7th pick of the draft (we picked right before that pick and there was a lot of grumbling).  That WR turned out to catch a total of 28 passes in his NFL career.  

Not saying Odunze is that, and I like the kid and hope he does really well, but let's not turn him into Jerry Rice just yet.

Oh and just for kicks,  Tyler Lockett was drafted in the 3rd round that year.  He has 612 catches and 8,000 yards receiving.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

32 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

We would have been picking 7th and taken Odunze. Similar to when the Jets won last game of the season and took

Calvin Pryor instead of Odel Beckham. Yes Jets wanted Odel and would have been picking ahead of the Giants.

I’m ecstatic we beat NE and I love our pick.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We could've traded down for a haul.  Plus the Pats would've gotten a worse pick. 

And the change in draft position wouldn't just apply for the 1st round.  It would've been for every round.  That win against the Pats was still awful.  And Saleh ran Breece 37 times to win that game.  He couldn't even give Izzy a shot.  Still so disgusted with Saleh.

Okay, do you have a plan to go back and change that or something?

It is what it is

I wanted Odunze or Bowers, but I’m not going to cry about getting my 2nd favorite OT and one of the few legit LT’s in this class.

At least it’s a premium position and Olu’s pass protection is already masterful for playing football for such a short time.

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Ridiculous poll options.  Odunze was NOT the only option for us there.  And there was more at stake than just that pick.  That win affected not just our pick but also the Pats' pick.  And in every round, not just the 1st.

I hate these topics.

Fans have no bearing on the outcome of the games.

I will enjoy every Jets win, and let the chips fall where they may.

Back in 06 I wanted Reggie Bush bad, thought he was the next Barry Sanders, and was pissed when we got the 4th instead of 2nd pick due to tie breakers.

Well instead of Reggie we got Brick, and it ended up working out excellent for us.

There are more than 2 or 3 great players in a draft, and they aren't always the guys you expect.

Your general manager determines the success of your draft, not if you lost the last game of the previous season or not.

Sent from my SM-F731U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Yes Happy! Time for the Jets to start winning games and not worrying about their draft position  period. Maybe we should lose this AFC championship game so we get a better draft pick mommy! Nope son - “You Play to win the Game!”  I’ve heard that somewhere? 

• Sympathy 2

If we are talking about one win, the win I would gladly give away is the Washington game. We basically choked that game away, anyway. It almost felt like a loss. 

the thing about the patriots game is that I loved watching BB look miserable in the cold snow while our defense completely dominated his offense for 3 hours. I’m good keeping that one. Plus, I think the jets got a really good player, just not a “sexy” one 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Happy to take the win and the Left Tackle.

As others have said, I can remember much gnashing of teeth over that win "costing" us Alt or Fashanu.

We got to send Belicheat into oblivion with a loss to the Jets, and still got one of those two tackles - we even added a free 4th round pick and upgraded a 6th to a 5th before picking him.

I loved Odunze, but I am very happy with Fashanu.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Poll option 3 - Loss to the Patriots because we played to lose, miss out on FAs who don't want to play for a spineless team that does that, still pick Fashanu anyway. ;-) 

How hard would it have been for us to trade up w. Atlanta and get Rome had we genuinely wanted him that badly? Chicago sure as hell weren't taking Penix, Atlanta could have dropped to ten and got him anyway.