It's not just about Bowles...

Freemanm

Granted, a lot of it does fall on his shoulders, but he can't go out there and play himself. What really pissed me off tonight was the half-ass effort I saw from just about everyone on the team. The one guy I saw continue to play hard has the old, overpaid vet David Harris. I saw a secondary led by Darrelle Revis who played 10-15 yards off every single receiver. Their tackling was absolutely half ass and it was like they were afraid to even try to attack the ball. I saw our d-line, (you know, the guys who were supposed to be the strength of this defense?) get beaten by a subpar offensive line pretty much all night. On offense, Fitzpatrick was his usual sucky self, and Ray Lucas had a very good point. Throwing Petty into the game in the second half when he got only 3% of the practice reps all week with the backups was not a fair test of his ability. That's why the only guy he threw to was Robbie Anderson, because he really doesn't know the other receivers. 

This team needs way more than a new HC and QB. It needs veterans who actually give a crap, unlike Revis and Wilkerson. It needs to develop talent in some sort of competent way. It needs better drafting, etc.

Archived