Maybe we Should've Paid Up...

oc_jet

Just now, Beerfish said:

I bet he gets over 10 sacks next year no matter who he plays with unless he gets injured.  He is going to be mo milk 2, have  a 'put it together year' to get the big contract and then screw up.  We are going to look bad on this guy no matter what we do.

What would BB do?

Let him go, and save the big money.   You can only have 1 or 2 15-20 million guys on a roster.  You don't give that deal to a knuckle head, and you don't give that to 2 of our D Linemen when you have a 3rd who might be better than the other 2.

If you can't trade him, play the 3 of them in a rotation.  Or, and this is crazy, try to find a right DE in the draft, and play a 4-3 with Williams and Sheldon inside, Mo as left DE, and someone else as R DE.  Our tiny backer can play MLB or Weak side LB protected by that line.   It's not like we have good pass rushing OLB's that will be wasted in a 4-3.  I may be wrong, but I think those 2 could give a good inside pass rush.   Or, I may be wrong.

You know what would make the Jets look really dumb?   Having another 300lb outside linebacker, or even a MLB.   That'd just be moronic.

31 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Harrison eats up OL and still pushes the pocket. He causes sacks. Theres a reason mo's numbers dropped and jpp's went up.  Williams cam play DE.  Snacks should have stayed and Richardson and Wiiliams would play the edges. That made the most sense to me 

Lips God's ears etc etc

12 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think you need to give it another year. If Snacks continues to play the way he did for the Giants and Wilkerson doesn't bounce back then clearly the Jets made a mistake. I think there's a very good possibility Wilkerson bounces back and has a huge year though.

The $12M we paid Fitz certainly didn't help in retain Snacks.  I thought Snacks was terrific!  On any play you can count on him to hold down 2 Offensive Lineman which freed up the others to go get the QB.  We didn't have that dynamic this year.

Archived