Is this right for Macc players?

SickJetFan

They key to this analysis is all the draft picks expended on veteran players who are no longer here.

That being said, when looking at a draft pick I like to look at the players picked after one of ours, to get a sense of what the GM's peer group did with similar facts.

Its not a great story thus far.  This year is the year the story can truly be told-depends really now Lee, D Smith and Hack do.  Both picks passed over other good players.  The later rounds picks were ok on balance.

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

They key to this analysis is all the draft picks expended on veteran players who are no longer here.

That being said, when looking at a draft pick I like to look at the players picked after one of ours, to get a sense of what the GM's peer group did with similar facts.

Its not a great story thus far.  This year is the year the story can truly be told-depends really now Lee, D Smith and Hack do.  Both picks passed over other good players.  The later rounds picks were ok on balance.

I am not really trying to do any analysis - just bored at work and have my own depth chart which i mess with time to time to pass the time and i include where player came from

16 hours ago, varjet said:

i get your point but which vets didn't deserve to be cut?  the argument has been made that some if not all were cap casualties but was revis worth bringing back at any level? clady? mangold?  i don't think so.  even marshall.  how can a team have a guy who drops nearly 50% of his passes? i think too many times the fan favorites are the vets when the flip side is that those very same vets are the ones that had a part in the bad seasons being bad.

the real story line of the jets are the 5 consecutive years of bad drafts under tanny and idzik.  that made it nearly impossible to get rid of some of the declining vets. 

Archived