Jets Announce Short List of Potential Sites for New State of the Art Facility

GreenBeans

Jets Announce Short List of Potential Sites for New State of the Art Facility - http://www.newyorkjets.com

The New York Jets announced Thursday a short list of potential sites for their new state-of-the-art practice facility in New Jersey.

The short list, in alphabetical order, includes:

Community: Berkeley Heights

County: Union

Site Condition: Corporate Campus

Community: Florham Park

County: Morris

Site Condition: Former Exxon Headquarters

Community: Jersey City

County: Hudson

Site Condition: Warehouse and partnership with adjoining recreational facility

Community: Millburn

County: Essex

Site Condition: Woodlands owned by East Orange WaterWorks

Community: Wood-Ridge

County: Bergen

Location: Woodridge Industrial Park; Passaic Avenue and South Main Street

Site Condition: Former Curtiss-Wright Factory

The Jets have agreed to relocate their practice facility from Long Island to New Jersey as part of an historic agreement to build a new joint stadium with the Giants in the Meadowlands. As part of that agreement, the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority agreed to acquire 20 acres for each team to build new training complexes in New Jersey. While the Giants new training facility will remain on the Meadowlands complex, the Jets training facility will be relocated outside the complex at a site to be designated by the Jets in conjunction with the NJSEA.

As the new headquarters for the Jets, the practice facility will house all football operations and most corporate functions. Relocating the practice facility from Long Island to New Jersey will generate more than $10 million annually in new tax revenue for the state.

Millburn

County: Essex

Site Condition: Woodlands owned by East Orange WaterWorks

This was on our front page months ago. Just announce it already.

(I am hoping for this one btw. It is REAL close to where I work. Mid day camp reports anyone?)

This was on our front page months ago. Just announce it already.

(I am hoping for this one btw. It is REAL close to where I work. Mid day camp reports anyone?)

theres alot of land over there,,,i ride my ATV in the waterworks...great riding..lol

they are backstabbing there fans who go to hofstra. 2005 so many fans went to camp .you guys see how packed it is every seat in that area is full.sometimes fans are standing.there has to be at least 2000 people there. and then after they practice .at least 50 fans go to where they eat and get autographs.and what do they do to say thanks.THEY BACKSTAB THEM BY MOVING TO JERSEY

they are backstabbing there fans who go to hofstra. 2005 so many fans went to camp .you guys see how packed it is every seat in that area is full.sometimes fans are standing.there has to be at least 2000 people there. and then after they practice .at least 50 fans go to where they eat and get autographs.and what do they do to say thanks.THEY BACKSTAB THEM BY MOVING TO JERSEY

I hear what you are saying. And I do agree Hofstra had MANY loyal fans. But, if they are playing in NJ forever they might as well practice there. I am tired of this 2 state thing. No wonder we can't get any free agents to come here.

I was all for the W.S.S. It didn't happen. The NJ deal is the next best thing IMO.

I know for a fact from several players, that the "commuting" from LI to New Jersey was starting to be a drain on alot of the players. It only makes sense that if they are going to be in New Jersey for the long haul, they should move their offices and training facility out there too.

I live in New Jersey, but have made it out to camp in LI the past few years, and I know enough people from here who went there as well. I'm sure there are fans from LI who will make the reverse trip. Sure, some won't, but think of all the fans in NJ who never went to Hofstra who will go now.

For the record, I'm hoping for the Berkely Heights site...its only a few towns from where I live.:D

OEW

Archived