Sean Payton

AFJF

Didn't see this posted and thought it would be an interesting look in to what the saints might/might not do with their first round pick.

While being interviewed by Dan Patrick about comparing Leinart to Vince Young he gave his opinion of ML and then said "maybe I shouldn't comment on Vince Young because he's still a junior" at which point Dan Patrick pauses and says "Yeah but Sean, he's eligible for the draft, he's coming out so you can discuss him" and Payton refused to comment saying he wasn't sure if he was allowed to discuss VY.

Two things this makes me think

1) During the interview and the days following I would think the Saints FO had some discussions with Payton about who they'd take and the fact that he didn't even realize VY was coming out tells me he wasn't even a consideration (or that was the greatest smoke screen ever)

2) If that wasn't a smoke screen this guy needs to get his head out of his ass.

I was never really high on Payton anywhere he went. I thought he was a bad choice for the Raiders a couple years ago and he is a bad choice for the Saints now. There is no way in hell he suceeds with the Saints. What young quarterback has this "guru" ever developed? It certainly wasn't Kerry Collins or Drew Bledsoe.

Didn't see this posted and thought it would be an interesting look in to what the saints might/might not do with their first round pick.

While being interviewed by Dan Patrick about comparing Leinart to Vince Young he gave his opinion of ML and then said "maybe I shouldn't comment on Vince Young because he's still a junior" at which point Dan Patrick pauses and says "Yeah but Sean, he's eligible for the draft, he's coming out so you can discuss him" and Payton refused to comment saying he wasn't sure if he was allowed to discuss VY.

Two things this makes me think

1) During the interview and the days following I would think the Saints FO had some discussions with Payton about who they'd take and the fact that he didn't even realize VY was coming out tells me he wasn't even a consideration (or that was the greatest smoke screen ever)

2) If that wasn't a smoke screen this guy needs to get his head out of his ass.

Or he is just being polite and avoids mentioning any negative comments against Vince Young.... In deep heart of Payton, he likes to have a proven passer in qb and Young is nowhere near his expection....... Payton just shoots down the hot commodity made by media... Payton is not a type of person who talks a loud about players....

Archived