Al Davis is Going to Make a Splash

Jack Straw

Al Davis, to say the least, isn't an extremely patient person. He's an extremely temperamental owner who see what he likes and goes after it. Needless to say, I have to believe that he isn't going to sit still at the #6 draft slot and wait for a player fall to him. He's aggressive. For better or worse, he sees a player he wants and goes after him.

He collects Heisman winners like it's his job. He signed so-so defensive back Larry Brown because of a great performance in the Super Bowl. He traded for often disgruntled WR Randy Moss. He signed LaMont Jordan to a huge deal, despite never being an every down back in the NFL. He drafted a kicker with character issues in the 1st round. You get the idea.

The point is, Al Davis' doesn't have a draft day strategy. It's almost impossible for the league to know what he is going to pick, because it seems like Al Davis himself doesn't know who is picking until Paul Tagliabue walks to the podium to announce the player.

Call it a prediction, call it a hunch, but l believe that Al Davis is trading up to pick Vince Young in this year's draft. Kerry Collins is a goner and Al Davis isn't satisfied with Marques Tuiasosopo. I believe that Vince Young's performance in the Rose Bowl made an impression with Al Davis', who will now give up the farm to get his man. Al Davis will make a splash and Vince Young will be the quarterback of the Oakland Raiders.

Al Davis, to say the least, isn't an extremely patient person. He's an extremely temperamental owner who see what he likes and goes after it. Needless to say, I have to believe that he isn't going to sit still at the #6 draft slot and wait for a player fall to him. He's aggressive. For better or worse, he sees a player he wants and goes after him.

He collects Heisman winners like it's his job. He signed so-so defensive back Dexter Jackson because of a great performance in the Super Bowl. He traded for often disgruntled WR Randy Moss. He signed LaMont Jordan to a huge deal, despite never being an every down back in the NFL. He drafted a kicker with character issues in the 1st round. You get the idea.

The point is, Al Davis' doesn't have a draft day strategy. It's almost impossible for the league to know what he is going to pick, because it seems like Al Davis himself doesn't know who is picking until Paul Tagliabue walks to the podium to announce the player.

Call it a prediction, call it a hunch, but l believe that Al Davis is trading up to pick Vince Young in this year's draft. Kerry Collins is a goner and Al Davis isn't satisfied with Marques Tuiasosopo. I believe that Vince Young's performance in the Rose Bowl made an impression with Al Davis', who will now give up the farm to get his man. Al Davis will make a splash and Vince Young will be the quarterback of the Oakland Raiders.

Actually that would be a great move for the raiders. The main thing they are missing is a good QB anyway.

Then I hope VY falls to number 4 and Al Davis gives us a huge package for it as well. I hope Tennesee takes D'Brickashaw, at least in the Al Davis/Raider scenario. Maybe we can trade them the #4 and Doug Jolley back for their 1st and 2nd this year and a 1st or 2nd next year.

Trade them Jolley back! That is classic.

I say we keep Jolley. The new O\C is going to turn him into Antonio Gates. :)

Archived