Evals of 5 Current Jets Players Will Directly Impact Draft Decisions

6 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If the Jets think Smith can be a good starting caliber NFL WR, then our WR doesn't look so bad.  If they don't think Smith is that type of player, then we really need a WR

IMO it's a stretch to think JD and rest of Jets braintrust are convinced current crop of wideouts are good enough difference makers to compete now in the wide open AFCE.  Darnold and Jets truly need a #1 receiver.   

JD himself said in last weeks presser he would continue to address playmakers in the draft.  If there's one...or zero OTs left at pick #11...Jets should pick Jeudy-Ruggs-Lamb.  Or else take advantage of a lucrative tradedown if offered.  

For me it's Jeudy...if Jets stay at #11. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think the point is IF they think Smith can be a good NFL WR - stating caliber - then WR isn't an area of critical need.  Same for OT if they think that about Edoga and CB if they think that about Austin.  

I, and other average fans like me, have no idea what the team thinks about those guys, but those things will impact the draft in important, if unknowable, ways

I think Mac thought that Roberts was enough to ignore CB (until they took a flyer on Bless) and our corners were just horrendous.  I think Mac thought the guys he brought in to play OL were just fine and we know how that played out.  I don't think any guy on your list will stop Douglas from addressing those positions.  

Regardless of what Douglas thinks of V. Smith, if he goes into the season with Crowder, Perriman, Doctson, and Smith as the WR starters he will be following Idzik and Mac on the unemployment line.

• Upvote 1