80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Lurker89 @PS17 @jgb

I can't seem to find any trade partners for Jayden Daniels for a fair price.  I guess in a 10-team league everyone is feeling pretty good about their QB situation and maybe there's skepticism he can keep this up?

In any case:  Should I start him over Josh Allen this week?  I got burned by sticking with Allen last week, but Josh has the better matchup (@ HOU; Daniels is vs CLE).

I own Josh in Dynasty and Love on the same team... barring injury under no circumstances am I benching Josh Allen ....

Jayden is great... Josh has a top 3 finish the last what 4 or 5 years ... consistent fantasy stud ...

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Lurker89 @PS17 @jgb

I can't seem to find any trade partners for Jayden Daniels for a fair price.  I guess in a 10-team league everyone is feeling pretty good about their QB situation and maybe there's skepticism he can keep this up?

In any case:  Should I start him over Josh Allen this week?  I got burned by sticking with Allen last week, but Josh has the better matchup (@ HOU; Daniels is vs CLE).

Have you approached this from the opposite direction and tried to trade Allen, instead? In 1QB 10-team league really only “name” QBs can be moved for value. I generally don’t draft a QB until last round in such leagues.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Have you approached this from the opposite direction and tried to trade Allen, instead? In 1QB 10-team league really only “name” QBs can be moved for value. I generally don’t draft a QB until last round in such leagues.

This league consistently under-values Josh Allen for some reason.  He's fallen in drafts in basically every draft I can remember.  In '23 he was the 4th QB off the board (after HERBERT!!!!) at pick # 32 overall, just one pick before I could snag him for myself.  This year I got him as the 3rd QB at # 48 overall, which was of course just insane value.

Given the league market inefficiency on him, I just as much assumed that I wouldn't get fair return and didn't bother offering up Allen.  

• Upvote 1

Oh and @jgb I can understand waiting on QB in a 10-teamer because there tends to be so many good ones, but I've been burned with this approach in this league before because lots of teams end up rostering 2 for much of the year.  The only thing worse than reaching for a QB and the opportunity cost associated is ending up with NO QB, at least in this league.

And as mentioned I got insane value I couldn't pass up on Allen, lol.  Then, Daniels was sitting there for me at pick # 108 and I couldn't pass on THAT, either. 

Maybe 1-2 more QB's will get hurt in this league and someone will want to work with me....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This league consistently under-values Josh Allen for some reason.  He's fallen in drafts in basically every draft I can remember.  In '23 he was the 4th QB off the board (after HERBERT!!!!) at pick # 32 overall, just one pick before I could snag him for myself.  This year I got him as the 3rd QB at # 48 overall, which was of course just insane value.

Given the league market inefficiency on him, I just as much assumed that I wouldn't get fair return and didn't bother offering up Allen.  

If i were you I would sit there like:

Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF

Be patient and when someone has a QB injury call them up like:

Make It Rain Money GIF

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Lurker89 @PS17 @jgb

Allen 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The league undervalues QBs period as any 10-team 1QB league should.

Your best bet is as @Lurker89 suggests and wait for an injury however I still find in such leagues no one is going to break the bank on a QB because there are streamable options always available on waivers. Or if, as you suggest, this league went QB-heavy, that team will just roll with their (over)drafted backup.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh and @jgb I can understand waiting on QB in a 10-teamer because there tends to be so many good ones, but I've been burned with this approach in this league before because lots of teams end up rostering 2 for much of the year.  The only thing worse than reaching for a QB and the opportunity cost associated is ending up with NO QB, at least in this league.

And as mentioned I got insane value I couldn't pass up on Allen, lol.  Then, Daniels was sitting there for me at pick # 108 and I couldn't pass on THAT, either. 

Maybe 1-2 more QB's will get hurt in this league and someone will want to work with me....

You only get burned if you decide going in that you must have a stud. I get off on winning championships with guys like Minshew and Kyle Orton before him (loved LOVED LOVED Orton in fantasy - my favorite fantasy player of all time). I’d rather have another WR/RB (it is all about W.A.R.). Whenever another team drafts an QB, I can hear Cha-Ching because I’m another step closer to winning it all. Other than Superflex leagues (obviously), the only potential exception is 4 point passing TD leagues, then I usually do try to get a running QB (although not one of the studs, opportunity cost is too high). Like my wife did this year pulling Daniels in last round (10-team, 1QB, 4-point passing TD). If Daniels busted she could’ve pivoted and picked up a Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones, Trevor Lawrence, Kirk Cousins, etc — all of whom have been or still are on waivers at various times). It’s her first year playing in that league and last years champ drafted 3 QBs (Allen, Hurts, Lamar) in first four rounds this year — presumably to hoard/trade. My wife said as soon as she saw that and the resultant cascading QB panic amongst the other managers, she knew she won the league already. She went in targeting Dak but he was off the board round 5(!) so she pivoted and gobbled up undervalued skill assets. Currently only team at 4-0 with the top score each week and that’s AFTER losing AJ Brown (1st round pick), Walker (2nd round) and Devanta Smith (her AJ insurance) for a few weeks. Skill position depth > early QB IMHO.

Each team only start 1 QB (same reason I never take TE early) but must start 2 RBs (possibly 3 with flex) and there are actually less viable RB than QB in that the drop off is precipitous after the first 5-7 for RB and 15ish for QB. I’ve played in at least 200 leagues over the last 25 years or so and I can honestly say I’ve never seen an early-QB drafter win in 1QB seasonal leagues; and I can’t even remember a QB being traded in such a league. I acknowledge that I could also be a confounding factor as I aggressively exploit and make people pay for suboptimal resource allocation (like, for example, refusing to bail them out by trading them one of my surplus RBs for a QB 😉). But that is my experience.

Now all this is off the table if everyone views it like me, then you gotta zig when they zag the moment stud QBs fall too far although I haven’t seen this level of sophistication in any seasonal leagues. Also larger leagues change a lot. 12 team you can wait on a QB but 14 team you do need to draft at least one earlier.

• Upvote 1

Anybody holding Zamir would be wise to seek an immediate exit — sell it as the loss of Adams would make the Raiders much more run-heavy.

Adams trade, Minshew likely to be benched after playing an elite Denver D this week and the wildcard… if Adams traded to Jets, I see Izzy as part of that deal. Turbo sneaky move is to trade Zamir and waiver flier Izzy (depending on league depth).

Good luck out there.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

The league undervalues QBs period as any 10-team 1QB league should.

Your best bet is as @Lurker89 suggests and wait for an injury however I still find in such leagues no one is going to break the bank on a QB because there are streamable options always available on waivers. Or if, as you suggest, this league went QB-heavy, that team will just roll with their (over)drafted backup.

They do but still somehow reach for several QBs in the draft.  It's weird.  Mahomes and Hurts went in the 3rd.  Stroud went high as well.  This league has some trouble with supply and demand at times, lol.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

You only get burned if you decide going in that you must have a stud. I get off on winning championships with guys like Minshew and Kyle Orton before him (loved LOVED LOVED Orton in fantasy - my favorite fantasy player of all time). I’d rather have another WR/RB (it is all about W.A.R.). Whenever another team drafts an QB, I can hear Cha-Ching because I’m another step closer to winning it all. Other than Superflex leagues (obviously), the only potential exception is 4 point passing TD leagues, then I usually do try to get a running QB (although not one of the studs, opportunity cost is too high). Like my wife did this year pulling Daniels in last round (10-team, 1QB, 4-point passing TD). If Daniels busted she could’ve pivoted and picked up a Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones, Trevor Lawrence, Kirk Cousins, etc — all of whom have been or still are on waivers at various times). It’s her first year playing in that league and last years champ drafted 3 QBs (Allen, Hurts, Lamar) in first four rounds this year — presumably to hoard/trade. My wife said as soon as she saw that and the resultant cascading QB panic amongst the other managers, she knew she won the league already. She went in targeting Dak but he was off the board round 5(!) so she pivoted and gobbled up undervalued skill assets. Currently only team at 4-0 with the top score each week and that’s AFTER losing AJ Brown (1st round pick), Walker (2nd round) and Devanta Smith (her AJ insurance) for a few weeks. Skill position depth > early QB IMHO.

Each team only start 1 QB (same reason I never take TE early) but must start 2 RBs (possibly 3 with flex) and there are actually less viable RB than QB in that the drop off is precipitous after the first 5-7 for RB and 15ish for QB. I’ve played in at least 200 leagues over the last 25 years or so and I can honestly say I’ve never seen an early-QB drafter win in 1QB seasonal leagues; and I can’t even remember a QB being traded in such a league. I acknowledge that I could also be a confounding factor as I aggressively exploit and make people pay for suboptimal resource allocation (like, for example, refusing to bail them out by trading them one of my surplus RBs for a QB 😉). But that is my experience.

Now all this is off the table if everyone views it like me, then you gotta zig when they zag the moment stud QBs fall too far although I haven’t seen this level of sophistication in any seasonal leagues. Also larger leagues change a lot. 12 team you can wait on a QB but 14 team you do need to draft at least one earlier.

Yes, this is a 4-pt passing TD league as well.  Hence why I can't wait too long to grab a strong running QB.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Anybody holding Zamir would be wise to seek an immediate exit — sell it as the loss of Adams would make the Raiders much more run-heavy.

Adams trade, Minshew likely to be benched after playing an elite Denver D this week and the wildcard… if Adams traded to Jets, I see Izzy as part of that deal. Turbo sneaky move is to trade Zamir and waiver flier Izzy (depending on league depth).

Good luck out there.

@Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 @Lurker89 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If adams goes to saints, they may throw in RB miller. NO cold on him. Anyway zamir value is depressed and very likely to be further so. Ripcord that beetch 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PS17 said:

Getting a little restless with Bijan Robinson. At what point does he elevate above mid-RB2 and become the league winner stud we all thought he’d be? I fear his dynasty value will start dropping pretty soon. Show me something tonight. 

Dynasty leagues he’s untradeable for value. Your options are patience or fire sale. Never fire sale.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Dynasty leagues he’s untradeable for value. Your options are patience or fire sale. Never fire sale.

All my “studs” have been busts so far: Bijan, AJ Brown, G Wilson, Aiyuk, Adams, Kelce. Luckily I’ve weathered the storm and am 3-1 thanks to my other RBs (Brian Robinson, Montgomery) and weak competition thus far. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

All my “studs” have been busts so far: Bijan, AJ Brown, G Wilson, Aiyuk, Adams, Kelce. Luckily I’ve weathered the storm and am 3-1 thanks to my other RBs (Brian Robinson, Montgomery) and weak competition thus far. 

You’re poised to rebound big time. Stay the course 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Very single. Hope you have good lube! I hear Johnson & Johnson makes it well. 

Married sub isn’t like S&M sub…. More like every waking moment is in service to wife and child(ren) or else wife bad talks you all over town for being a lazy POS.

On 10/5/2024 at 11:34 AM, jgb said:

Strong start for me - Mike Evans, Drake London and Kyle Pitts all were jackpots Thursday. Wife’s team is strong though, I’m still only at 59%.

This has probably been the most back and forth fantasy match I’ve ever experienced. I and my wife are 1st and 2nd respectively in a 14-team dynasty league and we are slobberknockering each other this week with the 2 highest scores in the league. We fell asleep last night on holiday with our 3 year old between us, each of us with one AirPod in listening to RedZone on my phone. She needs ~22 from Kamara tonight to take the win and re-take first place. (PPR with yardage bonus at 100/200 for rushing/receiving).

PS: benched Dak due to monsoon weather forecast in Pittsburgh — oops.

IMG_0144.thumb.png.9ae8ab7973728bbf672058a6bc1450b1.png