Top Five Most Overrated Free Agents

Nick Ferraro

1. A. Randle-El - 35 catches and 1 TD in the regular season. His SB performance will lead to a big contract and a small return on investment. I hope it's not with the Jets.

2. J. Runyan - Strahan has eaten his lunch about every time they played. 32 years old. Someone will pay more than he deserves.

3. C. Woodson - played just 19 games the last two seasons while cashing large checks. Will never approach the level at which he once played. Might be time to consider a move to Safety.

4. J. Lewis - was awful last year. Hard to say if he lacked motivation playing in a poor offense against defenses that keyed on him, or his time behind bars has killed he spirit for the game.

5. S. Madison - two picks over the last two years. The Giants over-paid for a 32-year old corner.

The Giants did not pay alot for Madison so do not think it is a bad deal at all. As for Lewis for some reason see him going to the Broncos and doing a ton of damage.

I really can't see the Broncos paying for a back. Ever. They have a history of making stars and letting them go elsewhere.

They believe strongly in their system and rightfully so.

I really can't see the Broncos paying for a back. Ever. They have a history of making stars and letting them go elsewhere.

They believe strongly in their system and rightfully so.

I don't know, I'm sure they feel they're just a few pieces away from a championship now. The last time they won a SB, they had incredible performances from their RB (Terrell Davis). A good back+their system could mean an SB for them. Lewis could be that back. He's already broken 2,000 yards before with a great O-line, the Broncos might think that he could do the same with them.

1. A. Randle-El - 35 catches and 1 TD in the regular season. His SB performance will lead to a big contract and a small return on investment. I hope it's not with the Jets.

2. J. Runyan - Strahan has eaten his lunch about every time they played. 32 years old. Someone will pay more than he deserves.

3. C. Woodson - played just 19 games the last two seasons while cashing large checks. Will never approach the level at which he once played. Might be time to consider a move to Safety.

4. J. Lewis - was awful last year. Hard to say if he lacked motivation playing in a poor offense against defenses that keyed on him, or his time behind bars has killed he spirit for the game.

5. S. Madison - two picks over the last two years. The Giants over-paid for a 32-year old corner.

I have to say you're right on the money.

John Abraham belongs on that list too if he ends up becoming a Free Agent.

Archived