Jets make offer to WR Chatman

vinnys025

Jets | Team made an offer to Chatman

Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:00:10 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the New York Jets also made a contract offer to WR Antonio Chatman, before he agreed to sign with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Jets | Team made an offer to Chatman

Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:00:10 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the New York Jets also made a contract offer to WR Antonio Chatman, before he agreed to sign with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Leberfeld from MSG hit it on the nail when he wrote:

"The Jets, on the other hand, will have to look toward tomorrow and build through the draft, because with a 35-year-old coach (Eric Mangini), and a 37-year-old GM (Mike Tannenbaum), both learning on the job, free agents, for the most part, are saying, thanks, but no thanks to Gang Green".

"So far, they have only been able to sign a backup linebacker/special teamer (Matt Chatham) and a 35-year-old defensive end (Kimo von Oelhoffen)".

"The Jets, on the other hand, will have to look toward tomorrow and build through the draft, because with a 35-year-old coach (Eric Mangini), and a 37-year-old GM (Mike Tannenbaum), both learning on the job, free agents, for the most part, are saying, thanks, but no thanks to Gang Green".

"So far, they have only been able to sign a backup linebacker/special teamer (Matt Chatham) and a 35-year-old defensive end (Kimo von Oelhoffen)".

Yet you loved Edwards who was never even a DC.."Earn while you learn Herm" was lucky to go to a winning Team and then when that fell apart goes to another Winning Team! And Hermie could even get his kid's Godfather to sign with the Jets!:eek:

I'm not so sure about that. Most free agents will follow the money and I don't think that the Jets are throwing a heck of a lot of money around. Perhaps if the money was equal, some may prefer to go to a more established program, others may go where they can play the most. I find it hard to believe that most free agents care about the age of the head coach.

I'm not so sure about that. Most free agents will follow the money and I don't think that the Jets are throwing a heck of a lot of money around. Perhaps if the money was equal, some may prefer to go to a more established program, others may go where they can play the most. I find it hard to believe that most free agents care about the age of the head coach.

Same here. I would say less than 1 in 10 do not take the top offer. Especially in the NFL, where contracts are always terminated. The team with the most guaranteed $$$$ on the table gets the FA.

Archived