For curiosity's sake: Hurts or Jackson?

Dcat

Just curious.  If you could select Hurts or Lamar Jackson (with exactly same contracts as the one he signed today), which would it be?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Just curious.  If you could select Hurts or Lamar Jackson (with exactly same contracts as the one he signed today), which would it be?

• Lamar Jackson
    • Jalen Hurts

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Ok, I looked stuff up this time instead of just pooping out of my mouth.  Lets remove rookies season since neither started but both did year 2 and both actually missed the same amount of games during those 2 season.  So this is neat; Lamar had 62's passing TD's in 30 games.  Hurts had 38 passing TD's in 30 games.  Weird.  That's, weird.  It's almost like there is narrative in this conversation or something.

Oh and this season, as I already stated Lamar had a better passing TD %, this season.  Only had 5 less passing TD's in 4 less games?  Pretty similar.  Both great players.  I'd take Lamar.

If you could guarantee me that both would stay healthy for the exact same number of games I'd take Lamar too - just a more dynamic playmaker. But there's no way to guarantee that and Jackson is both more fragile and has a longer injury history

Neither

Having a dynamic, run-first QB is always going to be exciting, but it’s never going to be sustainable and lead to prolonged success.

I don’t understand what’s so difficult to comprehend about this.

Lamar Jackson is maybe the most entertaining player to watch in the league presently, but he’s also missed 12 games over the last two years and has seen his production progressively slip since his MVP campaign 4 years ago.

But I’m supposed to be the maniac for not wanting to trade multiple 1st round picks for him and give him a quarter of a billion dollars fully guaranteed?

Do you have f*cking rocks in your skull where your brains are supposed to be?

Unless Lamar Jackson suddenly starts making some major waves as a passer in Year 6, I’d be scared as piss about what player I’d be left with as soon as that 4.3 speed starts to dip, which is right around the corner.

• Post of the Week 1