Ranking the 17 players with a first round grade

Larz

Lots of different opinion on how to order these guys obviously, but using this as a reference I’d be happy with skronk, Johnson , Jones, Kancy. Is Johnston a possibility? He’s a classic X, is JSN a slot guy ? Is that worth a first ? I say no. With becton still seeing an orthopedist and only Q at DT but still not finalized, I can’t see the pick being anything but OT or DT

if Gonzalez and Richardson go ahead of us it’s going to be interesting if the Jets green light a swap with the packers. If Levis and Robinson go ahead of us look out lol. 

Levis is the x-factor  we really need someone to fall in love with him  

if I’m betting a mortgage payment it’s going to be Jones/Kancy. Not new ground obviously 

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/lists/2023-nfl-draft-prospects-jalen-carter-cj-stroud/

What a formatting nightmare lol  this took me 15 minutes because I’m old lol  

1 - EDGE Will Anderson Jr., Alabama
2 - QB C.J. Stroud, Ohio State

3 - EDGE Tyree Wilson, Texas Tech

4 - QB Anthony Richardson, Florida

5 - DT Jalen Carter, Georgia

6 - OT Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State

7 - QB Bryce Young, Alabama

8 - EDGE Myles Murphy, Clemson

9 - OT Peter Skoronski, Northwestern

10 - CB Devin Witherspoon, Illinois

11 - OT Broderick Jones, Georgia
12 - WR Quentin Johnston, TCU

13 - CB Christian Gonzalez, Oregon

14 - RB Bijan Robinson, Texas

15 - WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State

16 - LB Trenton Simpson, Clemson
17 - DT Calijah Kancey, Pitt

There will, of course, be differing opinions. My guess is Levis goes before the Jets pick, he's the odds on betting favorite to go #2 right now, and he's not on there. Wouldn't blink if Johnston, Simpson, or Kancey went in the second - think their presence on this list is more indicative of the writer liking them as prospects than where they'd be projected to go.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, derp said:

There will, of course, be differing opinions. My guess is Levis goes before the Jets pick, he's the odds on betting favorite to go #2 right now, and he's not on there. Wouldn't blink if Johnston, Simpson, or Kancey went in the second - think their presence on this list is more indicative of the writer liking them as prospects than where they'd be projected to go.

No doubt. It’s interesting, when the cowboys took Tyler smith and jones showed off their board (lol) it shows how different a team can view the same players. Incidentally, the cowboys had sauce 4 and G dub 5.  

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

No doubt. It’s interesting, when the cowboys took Tyler smith and jones showed off their board (lol) it shows how different a team can view the same players. Incidentally, the cowboys had sauce 4 and G dub 5.  

Yup. My guess is the Jets' board at 13 kind of comes down to some version of that list minus those three guys, maybe plus Darnell Wright depending on the character. Lukas Van Ness is another who could go in that range, Nolan Smith too. It'll be interesting for sure.

• Upvote 1