Giving Joe D. Props w/Perspective

GM Jet Nation!!

My only SB as a Jet Fanatic when I was 9 was fresh off of summers chasing around Joe and our beloved team chasing them all down for autographs at Hofstra University. Now over 50 years later, I live & die w/this team as many of you! I read most of the posts and the only ones that really makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up is the "Joe Douglas bashing." "Oh he gave up too much to get Rogers," Other than LY's draft he isn't....," He misses a lot on free agency" ad nauseum!!

Look in total typical Jets fashion what GM gets hired in June (2019) and his 1st year as GM isn't even his draft. Then Year 2 is working the draft w/Adam Gase as his HC?? Only because we have made so may bad HC's hires is Gase not an all time bad one (Please remember Rich Kotite lost his last 9 games as the Eagles HC, we hire him and he goes 4-28 w/the Jets to close out his distinguished NFL coaching career--4-37--only happens in Jetsville!!). That just places Gase among the so many bad ones!

In 2019, Joe Douglas inherited by far the worst NFL roster and was in salary cap hell (L. Bell among others)--this last season, I don't remember the number (it was like 6-8 players?--I do remember, it was the 2nd most of any NFL team in being a training camp cut & re-signing) that we cut and got signed by another NFL team--when Joe started in 2019--if you were cut by the Jets in training camp--you never got another job in the NFL!! I think he has turned over the roster like 97% or something like that? Now--w/A-A-Ron--players want to come and play for the Jets?? Are you kidding me?

Too many things can happen between now and then--before we start frothing over if we don't win the SB--this all is for naught! Nobody can control injuries--the healthier teams in Dec/Jan win SB's & playoff games. There are so many factors out of our control, if we are one of those of those teams playing their best football late in the season. Joe Douglas has put us in position to dream!!!

Shut UP--on Joe gave up too much to get Rogers! Look at what he started with and where we are today! Savor this MOMENT--I honestly can think we are a now a contender and we will see how it plays out--do not be surprised if Trader Joe--doesn't manuever a couple more draft picks out of what he has right now--believe me he is looking at it. Get that depth OT in the first round, get a LB that can actually cover somebody that we left wide open all LY, maybe a safety that takes good angles and doesn't miss tackles (We traded for one, we need two)--let Joe do his work & Thank HIM for what he has done for our woebegotten franchise in a very short period of time!!

GO JETS!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1966andbeyondJETS said:

GM Jet Nation!!

My only SB as a Jet Fanatic when I was 9 was fresh off of summers chasing around Joe and our beloved team chasing them all down for autographs at Hofstra University. Now over 50 years later, I live & die w/this team as many of you! I read most of the posts and the only ones that really makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up is the "Joe Douglas bashing." "Oh he gave up too much to get Rogers," Other than LY's draft he isn't....," He misses a lot on free agency" ad nauseum!!

Look in total typical Jets fashion what GM gets hired in June (2019) and his 1st year as GM isn't even his draft. Then Year 2 is working the draft w/Adam Gase as his HC?? Only because we have made so may bad HC's hires is Gase not an all time bad one (Please remember Rich Kotite lost his last 9 games as the Eagles HC, we hire him and he goes 4-28 w/the Jets to close out his distinguished NFL coaching career--4-37--only happens in Jetsville!!). That just places Gase among the so many bad ones!

In 2019, Joe Douglas inherited by far the worst NFL roster and was in salary cap hell (L. Bell among others)--this last season, I don't remember the number (it was like 6-8 players?--I do remember, it was the 2nd most of any NFL team in being a training camp cut & re-signing) that we cut and got signed by another NFL team--when Joe started in 2019--if you were cut by the Jets in training camp--you never got another job in the NFL!! I think he has turned over the roster like 97% or something like that? Now--w/A-A-Ron--players want to come and play for the Jets?? Are you kidding me?

Too many things can happen between now and then--before we start frothing over if we don't win the SB--this all is for naught! Nobody can control injuries--the healthier teams in Dec/Jan win SB's & playoff games. There are so many factors out of our control, if we are one of those of those teams playing their best football late in the season. Joe Douglas has put us in position to dream!!!

Shut UP--on Joe gave up too much to get Rogers! Look at what he started with and where we are today! Savor this MOMENT--I honestly can think we are a now a contender and we will see how it plays out--do not be surprised if Trader Joe--doesn't manuever a couple more draft picks out of what he has right now--believe me he is looking at it. Get that depth OT in the first round, get a LB that can actually cover somebody that we left wide open all LY, maybe a safety that takes good angles and doesn't miss tackles (We traded for one, we need two)--let Joe do his work & Thank HIM for what he has done for our woebegotten franchise in a very short period of time!!

GO JETS!!!!

He took over an all time disaster of a roster and currently has them as the 5th best odds to win the superbowl this season. I’d say he’s done a good job