Think NFL officiating is bad…Tune in to Knicks-Heat!

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

Nothing explains this...

NBA Rule: "An offensive screener must have his legs no wider than shoulder width apart, and he may not extend his legs outside the vertical plane of his body when setting a screen."

Adebayo last night:

image.png

NBA Refs:

Blinded By Money. Stock Photo | Royalty-Free | FreeImages

Did anyone call it out ? Switch ? You also can’t run through a screen with your shoulder. Or at least you couldn’t 100 years ago when I played 

It

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

Did anyone call it out ? Switch ? You also can’t run through a screen with your shoulder. Or at least you couldn’t 100 years ago when I played 

I'm not an expert but if it's an illegal screen, I think that would take precedence because you're not 'running through a screen' at that point.  Grimes is running with his man and Bam literally spreads his leg out to block his path is the way I see it.  If you watch the video, Bam was where his right foot is in the picture and Grimes had a path.  Then he didn't.  But the refs got themselves some spending money for the weekend so it's all good.

15 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It

I'm not an expert but if it's an illegal screen, I think that would take precedence because you're not 'running through a screen' at that point.  Grimes is running with his man and Bam literally spreads his leg out to block his path is the way I see it.  If you watch the video, Bam was where his right foot is in the picture and Grimes had a path.  Then he didn't.  But the refs got themselves some spending money for the weekend so it's all good.

You see a lot of moving screens too. I forgot the play. It may have been considered more of a charge. 

My high school coach ran 10 minutes of screen drills every practice.  One year a kid ran behind a screen twice. What a twat. Coach made him run through me 15 times lol. At one point he’s like, “you good ?  Cover your nuts”

?

2 hours ago, Larz said:

You see a lot of moving screens too. I forgot the play. It may have been considered more of a charge. 

My high school coach ran 10 minutes of screen drills every practice.  One year a kid ran behind a screen twice. What a twat. Coach made him run through me 15 times lol. At one point he’s like, “you good ?  Cover your nuts”

?

This is the play.  Curious what you think.