Saleh: Becton starting Right Tackle

Lith

Isn’t interesting all the people who were ready to throw Becton to another team for a forth rounder suddenly seeing his emergence as a solid player.
Certainly past history with him did not bode well for his future here. Yet, many here seeing the great shape he came to camp in, were still very skeptical about his succeeding. Give much credit to the coaching staff for how they integrated him back into the line. I saw many posters here questioning why he was not on the field during preseason. Calling him lazy and a bust, never to play for the Jets again. Yes, he did talk some crap when he came in, but many other have spent 2 years taking crap about him.
As Rogers has said he has come a long way in just a month. We all must not forget how young he is and how men his age take time to get mature. It behoves each and every Jets fan to pray for his success.
It’s my belief that if Becton makes it thru the season with no “Knee” injuries he will be a keeper.
An ask yourselves why the sudden change, could it be he is finally have fun playing football again. That the old man under center has shown him the light. An why would he not want to sign a long term deal next year if he is finally content. As Rogers has said he is a mountain of a man and the best offensive linemen the Jets have had in many a year. So let’s all root for the big fella to kick butt on the right side this year and become or long term answer at left tackle next year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1