Eight Ball in Montreal

Fred Jetstone

All of Bolly's challengers end up in different leagues. Don't draft Leinart, Cutler or Young only to see them end up in Winnipeg !!!!!

Alouettes sign QB Quincy Carter

Quincy Carter

TSN.ca Staff

4/4/2006 3:19:22 PM

Former Dallas Cowboys' and New York Jets' starting quarterback Quincy Carter will be at the Montreal Alouettes training camp in May.

Montreal Alouettes Vice President and General Manager Jim Popp announced today that the 28-year-old quarterback has signed a one-year contract plus an option with the organization.

"I'm proud to join the Montreal Alouettes," said Quincy Carter. "This is a great opportunity for me to do what I love best, which is to play football."

Carter (6'2'', 225 lbs.) was chosen by the Dallas Cowboys in the second round of the 2001 NFL draft. In eight starts that year, Carter completed 90 of 176 passes for 1,072 yards, seven interceptions and five touchdowns. He had his best season in 2003, starting every game for the Cowboys and completing 292 of 505 passes for 3,302 yards, 21 interceptions and 17 touchdowns. He went to the New York Jets in 2004, playing seven games.

Over four years in the NFL, Carter completed 56.5 per cent of his passes (542/960) for 6,337 yards, 37 interceptions and 32 touchdowns.

Archived