Jets Defense Stops ANOTHER Top QB

Jdeet

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

They reached at 15 overall for a second round prospect to replace him.  The moment McDonald was drafted, Huff's fate was sealed.

It was another terrible decision in a long line of terrible decisions is what was one of the worst off-seasons I've ever seen from a GM.

The only thing I'll disagree with here is that the McDonald pick meant Huff 100% had to go. Their whole defensive philosophy is built around good edge play and lots of it - Lawson's gone after this year, JFM is good but a possible cut candidate/plays a different role. They could and still should have found money for Huff but it does appear that they're fine with letting him walk. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because they need an entirely new OL (along with quality depth), a second #1 type WR quality back up QB and every down RB....And they're going to have some big time contracts coming up.

So it's not that they CAN'T afford him - it's that, I believe, they have already decided to allocate resources elsewhere.

I dont disagree they technically need to look at the line from T to T but I highly doubt JD is viewing it that way.  I dont think he came into the season saying, no matter what Huff does, I'm not going to resign him because I'm going to use those resources on OL.  First off, he didnt know the OL would get destroyed like this and he didnt know Huff would develop into a dominate pass rusher.  To have already set in stone what you're going to do next season, make no sense but maybe I'm giving JD too much credit.

As much as you cant trust him, per say, he's not replacing AVT.   Tippmann and his glorious head of hair is clearly the C moving forward.  Tomlinson is a question mark as I feel like that's money they can save and look to upgrade possibly cheaper but if he's coming back, you're just looking at 3 positions.  They just took themselves out of the QB/WR running, so I assume T will be the first pick.  So, you're looking for 2 starters?  Shouldnt break the bank at all.