Jets Defense Stops ANOTHER Top QB

Jdeet

17 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Defense had a great day. 

Hope Stroud isn't concussed.

Very likely he is concussed.  But hopefully it's not too bad and he's back in the lineup soon.  Not that I care about Ohio State, but all the negative talk about him coming out of the draft can't help but make me root for him.  Although my flag waves for Puka ROTY!

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Yeah he is a rookie, but CJ Stroud is going to be ROTY and leads the NFL in passing yards - Until today

C.J. Stroud 10/23  91 yards  4-38 sacks  54.8 Rating

We need to keep as much of this defense together for 2024 - Because we just saw what competent QB play, can allow us to do.

Sure its a little too late for this year, but it definitely gives us hope for 2024.

True, too bad we can’t draft one, 

22 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Who were Pat Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Jalen Hurts without?

I never said they aren't a good d, or that they didn't play well today.

I am saying Houston was down a lot of players, but you know what, so are the Jets, and they played well on O.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Got a feeling huff is tagged and traded next year for some sort of deal involving davante adams. Just can’t see how the jets can put more money into the defensive line when the offense has so many holes.

Yes.  They can't afford Huff.

Especially when they already reached for his replacement in the first round last year.

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Especially when they already reached for his replacement in the first round last year.

Sucks because he’s a home grown UDFA, the kind of guy you want to resign but drafting McDonald basically makes that tough to do. Should of drafted JSN…

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Yeah he is a rookie, but CJ Stroud is going to be ROTY and leads the NFL in passing yards - Until today

C.J. Stroud 10/23  91 yards  4-38 sacks  54.8 Rating

We need to keep as much of this defense together for 2024 - Because we just saw what competent QB play, can allow us to do.

Sure its a little too late for this year, but it definitely gives us hope for 2024.

Agreed. This defense is legit. Fix the offense and next year will be fun.

I'm glad you decided to come back btw.

Go Jets.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

Got a feeling huff is tagged and traded next year for some sort of deal involving davante adams. Just can’t see how the jets can put more money into the defensive line when the offense has so many holes.

True. Lawsons $ coming off the books will be good as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

well, they certainly could have this past off season. I still think it is pretty wild to let a high end pass rusher walk, especially given that it literally took this stupid organization about 20 years to luck into one. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Asymmetrical said:

well, they certainly could have this past off season. I still think it is pretty wild to let a high end pass rusher walk, especially given that it literally took this stupid organization about 20 years to luck into one. 

They reached at 15 overall for a second round prospect to replace him.  The moment McDonald was drafted, Huff's fate was sealed.

It was another terrible decision in a long line of terrible decisions is what was one of the worst off-seasons I've ever seen from a GM.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Why cant they afford Huff?  Corey Davis is coming off, Lawson is coming off, Cook is coming off, Hardman money back, they can cut Brown and save, and a few other contracts they can rework/or players they can dump ie; Mosley or JFM.    They should be able to get Huff back w/ relative ease actually.  

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, JagsFanJif said:

Why cant they afford Huff?  Corey Davis is coming off, Lawson is coming off, Cook is coming off, Hardman money back, they can cut Brown and save, and a few other contracts they can rework/or players they can dump ie; Mosley or JFM.    They should be able to get Huff back w/ relative ease actually.  

Because they need an entirely new OL (along with quality depth), a second #1 type WR quality back up QB and every down RB....And they're going to have some big time contracts coming up.

So it's not that they CAN'T afford him - it's that, I believe, they have already decided to allocate resources elsewhere.

13 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Sauce and Reed are a deadly combo. Pass rush was excellent today as well. 

MCII had a big game today too, saw him on play well on coverage on multiple plays.

We had TEN pass defenses in ONE GAME. That is insane all round. Great effort. Especially after I read on here that the D had quit weeks ago ;-)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

They can dump JFM too.  I haven’t heard his name all year. 

He's been okay, definitely quiet the last few weeks. But not sure they will be able to keep paying him that $. Need to invest in the offense for sure.

• Upvote 1