Rice WR Luke McCaffrey

AFJF

Watched him play QB a few years ago and came away thinking "Jesus, that guy is terrible".  

It seems college coaches agreed and moved him to WR where he picked it up in a hurry.  Watching as much as I can find on him from Rice and two things that jump out are hands and toughness.

Will be heading to Mobile for the Senior Bowl and a guy I'll be watching a lot of.

Seniro Bowl president Jim Nagy says his pro comp is Puka Nacua.  Yeah, kinda' crazy.

• Upvote 2

Love the story with him moving and how he's grown at the position.  Best thing is he's only going to get more savvy since he has a father with a ton of information and a lot help learning the nuances of being a WR. 

I think his success is going to be in a lot of how you can continue to develop his game, and what kind of offense he goes to.  Everyone's seen the videos now on Mcvay and Snead talking about how they would use puka in the offense.  They had a very clear vision and plan for how he could be successful for them.  Same will be true with McCaffrey.  He's a good bet to develop though with his bloodlines and by all accounts the kid is tough as nails.  My issue with the jets is I have 0 faith they would draft him with a plan to develop him or role in the offense for him to be successful 

• Upvote 3

On 1/21/2024 at 12:45 PM, AFJF said:

Watched him play QB a few years ago and came away thinking "Jesus, that guy is terrible".  

It seems college coaches agreed and moved him to WR where he picked it up in a hurry.  Watching as much as I can find on him from Rice and two things that jump out are hands and toughness.

Will be heading to Mobile for the Senior Bowl and a guy I'll be watching a lot of.

Seniro Bowl president Jim Nagy says his pro comp is Puka Nacua.  Yeah, kinda' crazy.

This guy singlehandedly (ok maybe not quite) won my arch nemesis his College Fantasy championship this past year... He was everywhere for Rice

• Upvote 1