Panic/ anxiety attack ???

Something really weird happened to me today

Sometime in the morning I started to have this racing heart, breathing hard , very on edge feeling for about 10-15 minutes. It then went away. 

Then about 3-4 hours later, it came on stronger and lasted about an hour. 

I recently quit drinking months ago because I was getting anxiety attacks after drinking which were terrible

I exercise regularly and have mild type 2 diabetes. My blood sugar was normal today so that wasn't it either. 

I finally feel better. Does anyone know what is happening to me? Can anxiety disorder develop later in life out of nowhere? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

My only medication is metformin 500 mg twice a day, and I take one small Prilosec. Never had any issues with these meds for years. I also haven't had any alcohol in almost a year. 

Screw it… start drinking again!

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Screw it… start drinking again!

I had the worst anxiety I've ever experienced the last time I had alcohol. Drank for years and was fine

I can tell you it was the absolute worst feeling I've ever had. It literally feels like you drank ten red bulls and it doesn't stop for 24 hrs .... 

I had to go to the hospital and after that I quit. 

Today was much more mild and shirter than that but I'm just confused why it happened 

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I had the worst anxiety I've ever experienced the last time I had alcohol. Drank for years and was fine

I can tell you it was the absolute worst feeling I've ever had. It literally feels like you drank ten red bulls and it doesn't stop for 24 hrs .... 

I had to go to the hospital and after that I quit. 

Today was much more mild and shirter than that but I'm just confused why it happened 

I have no idea how old you are, or your medical history, but come on. You seem like a smart guy, and you’re certainly a nice one.

You know what you should do, you don’t need us to tell you.

• Upvote 1