If the Jets win the Super Bowl this year would Saleh & Douglas be...

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

If the Jets win the Super Bowl this year would Saleh & Douglas be the first head coach and GM duo to win a Super Bowl with career records under .500?

Weird thought I know, just curious.

Was BB under 500 when he won his first one?  If anything I think it could start a new precedent of owners giving their regimes more time. That said the idea of this happening will get laughed at I’m sure. How could they win a Super Bowl? Look at their records? *twitches* 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

If the Jets win the Super Bowl this year would Saleh & Douglas be the first head coach and GM duo to win a Super Bowl with career records under .500?

I really really hope this happens but if the Jets win the Super Bowl it won’t matter if Saleh & Douglas wear speedos every day for the next year - a Super Bowl win and they will get a statue in Canton and free food in NYC for life. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Not even just "under .500".  Well under .500.

4 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I really really hope this happens but if the Jets win the Super Bowl it won’t matter if Saleh & Douglas wear speedos every day for the next year - a Super Bowl win and they will get a statue in Canton and free food in NYC for life. 

I'll take back every criticism I've made of Saleh if we win a SB.  

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Good thing you not a cat boss. 

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Not sure about the GM but belichick had below 500 record before Brady. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t know about GMs, but Chuck knoll was definitely under .500 when he won his first SB. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/NollCh0.htm

But he was not under .500 when he won it.  Heading into the 74 season, he was, but the Steelers record put him over by the time they won it.  Similar to Parcells in '86, began the season under, but the 86 record put him over by the time he won it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

But he was not under .500 when he won it.  Heading into the 74 season, he was, but the Steelers record put him over by the time they won it.  Similar to Parcells in '86, began the season under, but the 86 record put him over by the time he won it.

That’s what I meant, he was under .500 headed into the 74 season 

6 hours ago, Lith said:

Okay but what about George young?  He was gm for the Perkins years and through parcells.  Perkins had a couple of winning seasons but started out with a pretty bad one.