Well, it’s a bit early in the season but the Texas Gulf Coast is getting ready for our first hurricane of 2024. It was dead calm this morning but around mid-day the wind started up from the south and the sky has gone from clear to cloudy. It’s part of life down here on the coast and most sources were predicting a busy season. The nice things about hurricanes is that you can see them coming days early and take preparations - tornados and fires are far worse. For anyone else on the coast, stay safe.

Blew thru just to the south of me in Mexico, fortunately. Jamaica was kind enough to absorb a lot of its power before it hit the mainland. Some wind and rain but no damage. I like storms like this because they wipe the sargasso out of our waters, at least temporarily. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, slats said:

Blew thru just to the south of me in Mexico, fortunately. Jamaica was kind enough to absorb a lot of its power before it hit the mainland. Some wind and rain but no damage. I like storms like this because they wipe the sargasso out of our waters, at least temporarily. 

Glad it was a miss slats, it’s going to be a busy year I think.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

Glad it was a miss slats, it’s going to be a busy year I think.

Oh, I agree. Could be another year where they run out of letters.